CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: Cubs have nobody to blame but themselves
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Jan 10, 2020, 11:59 AM

After signing what seemed like anyone they ever wanted early in the Tom Ricketts era, things have come to a crashing halt as of late. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Commentary: Cubs have nobody to blame but themselves

Jan 10, 2020, 12:42 PM

It's going to be another "wait until next year" I'm thoroughly disgusted with the lack of not signing Nick Castellanos. I'm tired of hearing about his defensive liability, he's no worse than Schwarber defensively. Plus he can hit and Schwarber still hasn't proved he can hit for average. I'd rather have a doubles machine (Castellanos) than an occasional solo homerun. Schwarber has had 3 full seasons to prove that he can hit and he has not met the challenge.

Yes, he had a decent 2nd half but the season is 162 games not 81. I say trade him, Bryant, and Almora, and sign Castellanos and hope for the best. Can't be any worse than it already is. It is all about pitching and that's one of several weak areas we have. I don't know if we can compete this year or not. It will take money and a huge miracle. It's beginning to look like 2012 all over again. Just plain unacceptable for the 3rd largest club in the market. It's embarssing.

I'm all for renovation, but not at the expense of a losing team. I'd sit on a concrete slab to watch a competitive team

It's going to be another "wait until next year" I'm thoroughly disgusted with the lack of not signing Nick Castellanos. I'm tired of hearing about his defensive liability, he's no worse than Schwarber defensively. Plus he can hit and Schwarber still hasn't proved he can hit for average. I'd rather have a doubles machine (Castellanos) than an occasional solo homerun. Schwarber has had 3 full seasons to prove that he can hit and he has not met the challenge.

Yes, he had a decent 2nd half but the season is 162 games not 81. I say trade him, Bryant, and Almora, and sign Castellanos and hope for the best. Can't be any worse than it already is. It is all about pitching and that's one of several weak areas we have. I don't know if we can compete this year or not. It will take money and a huge miracle. It's beginning to look like 2012 all over again. Just plain unacceptable for the 3rd largest club in the market. It's embarssing.

I'm all for renovation, but not at the expense of a losing team. I'd sit on a concrete slab to watch a competitive team

Jan 10, 2020, 1:39 PM

Cards just traded Jose Martinez & Randy Arozarena to Tampa Bay for highly touted pitching prospect Matthew Liberatore ( # 16th overall pick in 2018 draft) and catcher Edgardo Rodriguez. Come on Theo.

Jan 10, 2020, 2:13 PM

Now that Bryant is signed for $18.6M, all that needs to be done is for them to get a verdict on the grievance. I think once that's accomplished (and Donaldson signs), you're going to see one big move.

Jan 16, 2020, 10:10 AM

I blame Ken Allison as my default answer to everything.

Jan 17, 2020, 5:10 AM

To Cucubbie: DAN! You're back!

Jan 17, 2020, 11:25 AM

I am the ghost of Christmas Dan past

Jan 17, 2020, 4:47 PM

:) :)