CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: Three potential trade fits for Cubs
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Jul 23, 2019, 11:34 AM

We have reached the best part of the baseball season depending on how you look at things as the trade deadline is just over a week away. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Commentary: Three potential trade fits for Cubs

Jul 23, 2019, 12:43 PM

I would hate to see Almora leave, but if that's what it takes to put us in a better position to win it all then I wish him the best of luck. All year and last I've felt Almora has not been given the playing time he deserves to develop into a more consistent hitter. His defense is second to none and would definitely be greatly missed.

As far as Schwarber, he is better suited for the American League as a DH. I don't why so many baseball fans are obsessed with the long ball. I will take a singles, double hitter any day over a strictly long-ball hitter that strikes out more than he takes one out of the park. We need contact hitters that are aware of the situation and can drive in the 100's of men we have left in scoring position. If you have a guy that hits to contact, anything can happen when the ball is put into play i.e. errors, wild throws, etc.

Time is running out, Zobrist has got to give an answer to Epstein, and soon. I feel for him and what he is going through, but we are trying to win a World Series.

I've about had it with Strop, surely someone else in the bullpen can be called on in his place. I believe his last four outings have lost us a game we should have won. That may not sound like a lot, but at this time of the year it's huge. Our road record is the worst it's been in years and our schedule from this point forward gets only more difficult.

It's time for us to take control of the division and put some space between those teams behind us. The Cardinals will soon be healthy so they are not to be overlooked, especially when we close the season out in St Louis.

So Epstein do what you have to do, give up what must be given up not for just this year but for the next several years. Time, like i said is running out.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic