CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offseason Progress Report for Cubs
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Dec 4, 2019, 6:23 PM

couldn’t even begin to guess how the Cubs would fare if the season started today, as they’re missing a starter, a couple of position players and half the bullpen… Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offseason Progress Report for Cubs

Dec 4, 2019, 8:16 PM

Nice offseason update Mr. Allison. I hope your right and there is still a chance that the Cubs could get Castellanos under contract, although with the money situation with the Cubs this offseason I just guardly hopeful. Glad to see Hamels picked up by the Braves, he seems like a first class guy. Also glad it looks like the Cubs are going to hold on to Almora. I still think the potential is there for him to finally put it all together.

Dec 7, 2019, 5:37 PM

Thank you-

Almora needs consistent playing time to improve, yet the Cubs seem intent on finding a CF who can also lead off (Marte comes to mind). Unless they trade Ian Happ, I can't see Almora getting much playing time, especially if they manage to re-sign Castellanos, as Heyward would have to move to center. Cibs have a ton of defensive outfield talent, but other than Schwarber and maybe Happ (and Castellanos, of course if they re-sign him) not much offense from the outfield.

Message was edited by: KenAllison18®

Dec 8, 2019, 7:06 PM

If the Cubs were to get Castellanos to play RF that would move Heyward to CF and our outfield would be set, however that would not resolve the leadoff situation. I'm guessing that would make Merrifield a very interesting target

Dec 9, 2019, 6:12 AM

Read this morning that re-signing Castellanos is "highly unlikely" now. And they were just reported to be in the race for him two days ago. Pass the Tylenol, please.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic