CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs front office sit on their hands.
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Cubs front office sit on their hands.

Dec 22, 2018, 12:36 PM

I have been a Cub fan for over 50yrs 2016 thrilled me and I thought we at long last had an owner who wanted to win. But now I see the Brewers and Cards take steps to WIN and the Cubs pick up all of these has-beens and never was. Come on Ricketts give us something to get excited about, like the 3rd and 2nd basemen from the Rockies. Give them Bryant and Russell. KB will leave anyway. Theo tell us a joke....Sonny Wright.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs front office sit on their hands.

Dec 22, 2018, 12:53 PM

I'm not sure about trading Bryant just yet. Let's get him 100% healthy. But I agree let's get some excitement back into the 2019 season.

Dec 22, 2018, 1:05 PM

Got three more good years of Kris Bryant. You don't trade a guy when his trade value is at its lowest.

If you have to trade him, wait till that 40 homer season and get your stack of prospects.

Dec 22, 2018, 7:28 PM

I hate to be the guy who wets the bed here, but I'd almost be willing to let Bryant go. That shoulder will likely nag him forever, and Theo has already said they will need to play him differently in 2019. Turn him loose, grab somebody of quality, and let's get on with our march to October.

I think the Cubs did well with the core, but what are the odds that Bryant, Baez, Russell, Rizzo, Schwarber, Happ and Almora would all become superstars? There's bound to be a few flashes in the pan, and I believe Russell and Happ certainly fit that bill, and maybe even Bryant.

Dec 22, 2018, 7:30 PM

Bryant is a proven superstar ...he has already won the MVP award. Don't give up on him. The Cubs have access to some of the best doctors. They will get him right.

Too much on the line, for him to stay injured.

Dec 22, 2018, 7:32 PM

The same doctors have failed to get Darvish, Russell and Morrow right.

Dec 22, 2018, 7:35 PM

It takes time to get people right. Give people a full offseason before you dump them.

Dec 22, 2018, 7:57 PM

I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst. No sense in being let down for two straight years. A 30 start year by Darvish would be the cat's meow, especially if he could rake 12-15 wins. Morrow I have less confidence about, and as for Russell... well, let's just say I hope some team gets desperate enough to take him.

Dec 23, 2018, 3:24 AM

I spoke about this in other posts...the Cardinals take huge steps as the favorites with their moves, the Brewers at least made a move , the Reds very aggressive and even the Pirates made a trade. Payroll a problem?? Washington was over the tax rate,,what did they do..sign TWO starting pitchers!! ( none named Darvish or one recovering from Tommy John surgery) How the #### can they do it, and Im sure Dodgers are not done..#### we could have used their strategy but no one wants any Cubs

While they revamp Wrigley Field..the only reason will to keep fans showing up for a losing club...2016 will be shortly only a one time memory . So sad the Cubs cant do it like the other clubs...the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox and Nationals all EVERY YEAR get the cream of the crop

The Cubs,,get the Darvish, Chatwood, Heyward lot. If we would have been smart we should have let St.Louis have Heyward, instead we are "dumb" and let they get Goldsmidt and Miller when we get a utlity infielder batting 243 and a pitcher on the DL....sure sounds like championship inspired moves

ESPN must like showing losing baseball...2 weeks in a row of the sit on our hands and count our money Cubs in May. Merry Christmas Ebeneezer Ricket, you even fooled the network that the Cubs will be a contender, Like i said before 78-84 if we have things bounce our way, worse if any injuries ect happen Happy Holidays

Dec 23, 2018, 9:33 AM

Thanks for the post.

Dodgers aren't done. Latest rumors say they are gunning for Kluber and Nick Castellanos, plus of course, Bryce Harper. St. Louis may or may not be done, but they have certainly put the Cubs behind the eight-ball with Roark, Goldschmidt and now Miller.

I read an article this morning saying the Cubs asked Harper to wait on accepting an offer until the Cubs could clear salary, but who does that mean? Heyward? Russell? Not many other high-ticket guys unless you want to start dealing Bryant or Rizzo. Obviously Darvish and Chatwood aren't going anywhere, as they have no trade value- but then again, neither does Russell.

Even if the Cubs can sidestep the Cards, Brewers, and now maybe even the Reds, they still have trouble coming from the east and west. Dodgers getting stronger, and watch out for the Mets and Phillies, as they both continue to buy players and trade for big-names.

As of right now, I can see the Cubs no higher than third place, 85-77.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:10 AM

3rd place...That is very pessimistic. There is no way Vegas who usually gets within one or two wins will have them at third place with 85 wins.

You are entitled to your opinion though and it could happen...but I doubt it and I hope not. Cubs fans will lose their collective minds.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:28 AM

Cubs need to light a fire under their collective rear-ends this year. Brewers are reigning champs, Cardinals are pissed and the Reds are hungry.

Dec 26, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Cubs front office sit on their hands. ]

So you are going to compare a shoulder injury of an everyday player to a pitcher? Not even close to the same thing. Furthermore, the Bryant injury affects his hitting not throwing, another major difference. Get your fact together.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic