CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will the Cubs compete in 2023?
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 151

Will the Cubs compete in 2023?

Aug 14, 2022, 1:44 PM

This is merely my opinion. I like what Hoyer has done with our minor leagues as it is once again strong. We have a multitude of players that play and play well in several different positions. So we are deeper than we've been in quite some time. As a lifelong Cubs fan I do have cautious reluctantcy.

We haven't been blown out that many games this season and have lost numerous one run games and extra inning games. I look for that to improve. Even though the Cubs are going nowhere this season I have enjoyed watching the young players develop, especially the starting rotation. If only we could stay healthy, who knows what this season could have been. We have many talented young players and the chemistry appears to be very good. Sometimes we ignore or overlook the chemistry of a team. It is a vital piece of the puzzle, and the Cubs seem to be have good chemistry.

When all of our pitchers are healthy Rossy will have a plethora of choices and also some tough decisions to make. A good problem to have. I realize that there are those that don't particularly care for Ross but for me I believe he has done a good job, especially considering all of injuries. Being a Cubs manager isn't easy given the number of fans across the country and the amount of airtime they receive

I have enjoyed watching the development. We have some excellent position players who are gaining a ton of experience. I can't say enough about the very good young arms we have in our pitchers. One possibly two big free agent signings could very well put us in the position not only to compete but make the playoffs next year. Earlier I thought it would be 2024 before we would be good enough to compete. I now believe that we will be a very good team that will compete at a high level next season.

We have a lot of depth in nearly every position. What I don't want to see is depleting our farm system.

Anyway, this is only my personal opinion. The big question will be HEALTH. Historically, teams that make the playoffs seem to have fewer health issues. Staying healthy is a priority and with the strength of our farm system we may be in for an exciting 2023 season

I hope I'm right and that what we are now witnessing is not a fluke.

As a Cubs fan there is always a level of apprehension.

GO CUBS!

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 151
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic