CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: A Grumpy take on the Cubs' offseason
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Dec 28, 2019, 11:35 AM

Now that we have Christmas out of the way, we can start looking forward to the next phases of the offseason. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Commentary: A Grumpy take on the Cubs' offseason

Dec 28, 2019, 2:14 PM

Nice Upbeat, Optimistic look at the 2020 Cubs. I also am optimistic about both Heyward & Almora. I still think he can get it together and be the center fielder everyone has expected out of his bat. I hope your right about the odds of Castellanos signing with the Cubs. He was one #### of a spark plug for the Cubs last year. I don't know how they would do it, but would love to see more games with both Caritini's & Contreras's bat both in the same game. And lastly, I'm just not that optimistic about a bounce back year by Lester. Hope your right about Big Jon & I'm wrong.

Dec 28, 2019, 3:20 PM

Ken® said:

Nice Upbeat, Optimistic look at the 2020 Cubs. I also am optimistic about both Heyward & Almora. I still think he can get it together and be the center fielder everyone has expected out of his bat. I hope your right about the odds of Castellanos signing with the Cubs. He was one #### of a spark plug for the Cubs last year. I don't know how they would do it, but would love to see more games with both Caritini's & Contreras's bat both in the same game. And lastly, I'm just not that optimistic about a bounce back year by Lester. Hope your right about Big Jon & I'm wrong.

I didn't see anything "grumpy" in your analysis, Ken. In fact, i agree that if anything, it was a bit optimistic.

Dec 28, 2019, 3:58 PM

Thanks, Norty.

Dec 28, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Commentary: A Grumpy take on the Cubs' offseason ]

Thanks, Ken.

Dec 29, 2019, 3:49 PM

Great article about a difficult situation for Cubs fans. The Cubs’ 2020 vision is failing. My wife and I are extremely disappointed that Kintzler is being discarded. As a potential closer (especially with Kimbrel’s uncertain future), Salt brings a lot to the club. I don’t imagine his contract needs would cripple the budget; he had stated he wanted to stay. Kintzler’s hard work and mature friendly nature are also important in the clubhouse and pen. With Maddon gone, and no free agent signings, we won’t be watching or recording many Cubs games in 2020.

Dec 29, 2019, 9:49 PM

I've gotten to know Kintzler's agent and we speak by phone a handful of times a year. I know for a fact that Brandon only wants a one-year deal, as the uncertainty of his future makes him pitch that much harder. Kevin told me Brandon wanted a one-year$5M deal, or possibly two years for $9M.

Than of course, I just got this...

Thanks for reading. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic