CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Castellanos decides, Stagnate Cubs, Mic'd umps, Hot Stove, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Castellanos decides, Stagnate Cubs, Mic'd umps, Hot Stove, more

Jan 28, 2020, 7:50 AM

Well, it was a good ride while it lasted, but Nicholas Castellanos won’t be returning to help the Cubs. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Castellanos decides, Stagnate Cubs, Mic'd umps, Hot Stove, more

Jan 28, 2020, 1:54 PM

So sad the Cubs didn't get a chance to resign Castellano's(Mission accomplished Mr. Arbitrator), but I'm happy for Nick. The Reds just got one #### of a ball player! Watchout Cardinals, the Reds will be real contenders to take the Central division this year.

Message was edited by: Ken®

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Castellanos decides, Stagnate Cubs, Mic'd umps, Hot Stove, more

Jan 29, 2020, 12:34 PM

Seeing Nick go sure makes it feels like the front office has ABANDONED the fans, and the players. It is so hard to reconcile the business that is baseball with the "team" of baseball. Future A's fan?

Jan 29, 2020, 1:24 PM

Hang in there. I'm a Cub fan too, bottom line is baseball is a business so I don't like it but I can understand were Mr. Ricketts is coming from. Add to that an arbitrator that felt he had to interject himself through his lack of acting on a decision to hinder the Cubs trade market and that leaves the Cubs behind the preverbal 8-ball. I look for the Cubs to try to get into action once this arbitrator wakes up from his nap. Have faith hang in there. Ricketts & Theo came through in the past, they will again in the future.

Message was edited by: Ken®

Jan 29, 2020, 1:51 PM

Once you sign Jason Heyward to a mega-contract in the outfield, it's hard to dump a ton of more money at RF.

It's sad but if Heyward was elite, there would be no talk of Castellanos or the need for him.

Jan 29, 2020, 2:09 PM

So true. The Cubs came out on the short end of that signing and the trade for "Q". But Theo and Ricketts put together a championship caliber team, hopefully they can do it again.

Jan 29, 2020, 2:16 PM

Yea the 'Q' signing was an all-in move hopeful for more titles in the championship window. They chose Schwarber in LF over the potential of Eloy Jimenez. Only so many OF spots for one team.

With Dylan Cease too, the Cubs paid a little too much, but they were desperate for a starter.

If they could do it over, I doubt they would considering they won only 1 title and mortgaged some of their future with that move.

Jan 29, 2020, 5:19 PM

Agreed

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic