CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Cubs fall in extras, Russell's struggles, RIzzo's streak, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Cubs fall in extras, Russell's struggles, RIzzo's streak, more

Jul 24, 2019, 7:40 AM

Maddon on Russell: “We really need to get beyond the mental mistakes and the physical mistakes,” Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Cubs fall in extras, Russell's struggles, RIzzo's streak, more

Jul 24, 2019, 12:31 PM

As each day passes things continue to look bleak for our beloved Cubs. I'm sure Epstein and Hoyer are working as hard as possible to make some sort of positive deal. I believe Russell's days as a Cub is coming to an end as well as Schwarber, Almora, and Edwards. Surely, those four should offer something in return for the immediate help we so desperately need.

We are now in scoreboard watching time of the season. The Cardinals are hot, getting healthy and seem to have the momentum. Our fate is in our hands, but without being in the clubhouse, I can still sense a feeling of disention going on and that is very troublesome. The team seems snake bit. Someone needs to step up and take leadership. We are good, but not great. We have 61 games to become great, which I believe is achievable. The question is do the players believe it?

I don't think it's panic time, but changes have got to be made and sooner rather than later. I love Zobrist and feel for him and what he is going through. He has been a great contribution to the Cubs since he first put on a Cubs uniform. But we need to be realistic, he hasn't played since May, so I don't know how much he can contribute offensively but his leadership in the clubhouse is sorely missed. Even if he isn't on the roster he could contribute in other ways.

Unfortunately, I have that all too familiar gut feeling that all Cubs fans have had that the season is slipping away right in front of us. I still believe we are just too darn good to let that happen.

The next two weeks will tell a lot about this team and whether they have the desire, fortitude, and belief that they can come together and the control, that is there for the taking and bring home that coveted trophy.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic