CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: Cubs are driven to distraction
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Jun 15, 2019, 6:01 PM

Maybe it’s just my acute superpowers of perception but I feel like the Cubs are distracted. I see them playing like they are all in, but there is this underlying feeling of when you are talking to a 6th grader and he is looking through you like you’re not even there. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Commentary: Cubs are driven to distraction

Jun 15, 2019, 7:17 PM

Couldn't agree on. Rather than focus it's the assumption of, oh we can win this. That's a formula that losing and there are enough veterans on the team that this should not be a happening, especially on the road with veteran pitching, really come on, play ball

Jun 16, 2019, 12:16 AM

I thought it was just me. I have the feeling that there is no way they are going to make the playoffs the way they have been playing since the year started. Baez is pitiful at the plate swinging at pitches head high(as does Contreras). I don't have an answer. Just have to wait and see how the season works out.

Jun 16, 2019, 2:39 PM

I don't see the Cubs winning the division the year, though they may get a wildcard berth. Dodgers will win the NL Pennant and advance to the WS. Cubs cannot catch a break- when the pitching is good, the offense is weak, when the offense is strong, the pen lets them down. This team needs to learn how to fire on all 8 cylinders at once.

Jun 17, 2019, 6:07 PM

So you can tell your grandkids you heard it here first.

Theo is going to revamp the bullpen for the second half. Look for at least 4 new faces.

Kimbrel will be a huge bust and fans will be screaming for his scalp by mid July.

Finally, if they have another disaster of a road trip it will not surprise me to see Joe let go at the All-Star break.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic