CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Cubs Convention 2020, Arbitration deadline, El Mago 2.0, Hot Stove
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Cubs Convention 2020, Arbitration deadline, El Mago 2.0, Hot Stove

Jan 10, 2020, 8:10 AM

Next week (January 17th through the 19th) marks the 35th Annual Cubs Convention. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Cubs Convention 2020, Arbitration deadline, El Mago 2.0, Hot Stove

Jan 10, 2020, 11:29 AM

I think that is a good suggestion about the Cubs signing Kodi Medeiros to a minor league contract. He career milb strikeouts are SO/9 - 8.6, W/9 - 4.9. Control problems from a big breaking slider seem to be the issue. might be worth the flyer to see if our milb pitching coaches can help him harness that pitch. The coaches were able help Chaty's control this past year, maybe they could help straighten this guy out.
Here is the scouting report on him as listed in ChicagoNow.
" Medeiros was the highest drafted prep player to ever come out of the state of Hawaii. He has a 55-grade fastball with life that sits in the 92-95 mph range. His slider has been graded as a 55-60 grade offering and MLBPipeline calls it "plus with big lateral break". Kodi flashed an above-average change-up as well that shows good sink and fade when at its best. He's a southpaw with a low three-quarters arm slot and big control issues. He's also shown below average control but has improved dramatically since last season. His unique arm slot and poor control make him a candidate to have a future role in a big league bullpen."

Message was edited by: Ken®

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic