CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Odds and Ends: The Case for keeping Castellanos, MLB wants changes to MiLB
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Oct 20, 2019, 8:08 AM

Nicholas Castellanos’ defense could potentially drive down his free-agent value. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Odds and Ends: The Case for keeping Castellanos, MLB wants changes to MiLB

Oct 22, 2019, 12:22 PM

I would have no problem with Bryant moving to the outfield and Castellanos playing third base. That is if Bryant remains a Cub. Like I've stated before Castellanos' defense is no worse than Schwarber, and he's a much better hitter than Schwarber. I'd much rather have a doubles machine who puts the ball in play than the occasional 425ft homer, many that were solo shots, or didn't matter because the game was already lost.

I'll give credit for Schwarber having a good second half, but there are two halves to a season. Maybe a change in managers and the entire coaching staff would help. But again, as I've repeatedly stated this team needs to play fundamental baseball, cut down the strike outs, play for and as a team rather than for personal production. I don't know what the minors are teaching these boys, but I would give them a D- if I were grading.

Every time I saw Gleyber Torres come to bat in the playoffs my stomach turned knowing that we gave him up for Chapman, yes without him we would not have won the World Series, but then why not try to keep him. The Yankees benefitted more than we did from that trade. Torres would have taken care of the 2nd base problem and he is only going to get better. I've never been in favor of giving up a number one prospect for any reason.

Re: Odds and Ends: The Case for keeping Castellanos, MLB wants changes to MiLB

Oct 22, 2019, 8:24 PM

It was a great trade by the Yankees. But it was special case scenario to win a title after 108 years. They needed Chapman that postseason.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic