CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brandon Morrow injury update
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Apr 30, 2019, 8:22 PM

Standout but injured Cubs closer Brandon Morrow has been shut down from throwing. However, good news might soon be on the horizon. According to reports, Cubs Pr Read Update »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brandon Morrow injury update

May 2, 2019, 1:21 PM

I believe it's time for the Cubs to cut their losses and release Morrow. He's good when he's healthy, but his history dictates that he is unable to sustain good health for an entire season. He certainly has no trade value given his current and past health issues. I feel bad for him, but the Cubs need a consistent, healthy bona-fide closer if they intend on keeping pace with the Cardinals. Closer by committee is not a winning formula.

Three areas of immediate need are a backup catcher, closer, and a true leadoff hitter. Money and availability are the two obstacles Epstein faces and I don't have the answer, but something must happen or we will falter in the second half of the season.

Re: Brandon Morrow injury update

May 3, 2019, 12:21 AM

Morrow has spent almost 740 days of his career on the DL (that's a fact). I disagree with you on the backup catcher, as Caratini is progressing nicely. So far as a lead-off man, we have several, the problem is that Maddon refuses to make anyone the designated #1 man. With regard to a closer, I'd agree with you, but Kimbrel (unfortunately) isn't an option, and he's about the best that's available.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic