CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Camp Maddon: The good, the bad and the ugly
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Mar 27, 2019, 5:23 PM

Here’s my countdown with 17 takes on the best of the good, the bad and the ugly from Camp Maddon. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Camp Maddon: The good, the bad and the ugly

Mar 27, 2019, 5:50 PM

Great title.

For a Few Dollars More, you could have gone Where Eagles Dare, Any Which Way You Can. Some players you left off the list include, Joe Kidd, Dirty Harry, Bronco Billy, and The Outlaw Josie Wales. Where are the double play combo of Thunderbolt and Lightfoot?

All roads lead thru The Bridges of Madison County before we can Hang 'em High.

Mar 27, 2019, 7:51 PM

^^^ You've lost your mind again

Mar 28, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Camp Maddon: The good, the bad and the ugly ]

I need to consult you more often...

Mar 27, 2019, 8:14 PM

I do not understand why Joe is on the hot seat. We've made the playoffs 4 years in a row. Barring injuries, we are primed to dominate the Central this year. Joe Maddon has helped to establish a culture of winning in the refurbished clubhouse. He gets these guys BETTER than anyone. Who in gosh sakes can take the reins and do better? Another Joe, as in Girardi, pleeze, pass. The only guy I think even remotely that could help these guys as skipper might be Dave Martinez, but last time I checked, he's managing the Gnats. I love Joe, love this team, but our window is only going to be open so long and I think we have a few years left to kick buttski and chew gum. We are all out of gum.

Mar 27, 2019, 8:16 PM

I don't want Joe to go

Mar 27, 2019, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Camp Maddon: The good, the bad and the ugly ]

Hey Sal thanks for checking in.

I think that Joe is on the hot seat because of your second to last comment. The window is closing and we've only won one title with this bunch.

I agree he was masterful in 2016 shepherding this team to the WS title but he has not been able to find that magic since. I disagree with you regarding his "getting" these guys. I don't think he really does get them, I think he treats them like they are still the wide eyed youngsters from 2016.

This is a grown up, adult team and they need to be treated different. No more 152 line-up seasons, no more pulling a pitcher after he walks a guy in the 4th inning with only 67 pitches, he can't sit a guy for three games after he goes 12 for 18.

His track record is that he can get the surprising pennant but he cannot get back there.

Mar 28, 2019, 8:42 AM

someone will always be to blame as the fan's expectations were multiple WS titles since they won one with such a young group.

Mar 28, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Camp Maddon: The good, the bad and the ugly ]

Welcome, Sal.

My take is a little different on Maddon. He's done a great job, but I think Theo/Ricketts are over his style. It's evident that Theo is taking more and more control over things (coaches being the prime example).

Mar 28, 2019, 3:01 PM

And Tony says I've lost my mind.

Mar 28, 2019, 11:15 PM

It may be contagious, Dan... But all of the sudden, I see a lot of Theo's choices hanging around.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic