CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cards outlast Cubs, Chicago eyeing Kimbrel, Gonzalez reports to Iowa, Rizzo in 8th place
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Cards outlast Cubs, Chicago eyeing Kimbrel, Gonzalez reports to Iowa, Rizzo in 8th place

Jun 2, 2019, 7:18 AM

With the loss last night, the Cubs relinquished control of first place in the NLC to Milwaukee. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some good points there. I hope the girl is ok.

Jun 2, 2019, 1:45 PM

Maybe the cards should offer to help out somehow.

Re: Cards outlast Cubs, Chicago eyeing Kimbrel, Gonzalez reports to Iowa, Rizzo in 8th place

Jun 2, 2019, 8:16 PM

I'm tired of hearing about Strop, he's not been and never will be a bona-fide closer. He's a setup guy for the closer. Either go out and get Giles or Kimbrel they are both proven closers. It's obvious to not only Cubs fans but other teams in the division, that if you can get the Cubs bullpen in the game you have a great chance of winning. This sweep by the Cardinals should be a good wake up call

IMO it all comes down to pitching. For example, we hit 5 homeruns and still lost that just can't happen. How many games have we've lost already in the 8th and especially the 9th inning, too many. It would be foolish to think we'd win all those games but 2 out of 10 is just plain unacceptable. We need a closer. The starters have been some better with pitch efficiency but still have a way to go. When our starters are constantly pitching 80-90 pitches by the 4th or 5th inning it spells another loss. These guys are making an absurb amount of money to pitch to contact and trust our defense. Thank God for Hendricks who has turned his game around. None of us expect a great outing every time they take the mound but 4 and 5 bad outings in a row somethings wrong with that.

We are running out of talent to trade, plus we have to look to the future. It seems everytime we trade a player they become a star and we get someone who struggles.

I for one would hate to see Happ or Russell be traded but it may take a trade like that to get a closer, as far as I'm concerned strikeout Schwarber can go. He's had 2 plus years he can hit and he hasn't come through. Batting . 213 isn't exactly an average to smile about. I'll take a singles, doubles hitter any day than an occasional homerun. Eventually he'll lose whatever trade value he has left. Lou Pinellas motto was if you don't hit you don't play, whether you make $200,000 "or 200,000,000.

The game of baseball has changed with free agency, ridiculous sissy rule changes, it's no longer about the fans it's all about the Money. Babe Ruth is probably turning over in his grave

Re: Cards outlast Cubs, Chicago eyeing Kimbrel, Gonzalez reports to Iowa, Rizzo in 8th place

Jun 2, 2019, 10:02 PM

Good points as always, Brusch.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic