CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Epstein's Press conference, Maddon's future, offseason is here, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Epstein's Press conference, Maddon's future, offseason is here, more

Sep 30, 2019, 5:49 PM

The biggest news of the day was undoubtedly the much anticipated “postmortem” press conference from Theo Epstein.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Epstein's Press conference, Maddon's future, offseason is here, more

Sep 30, 2019, 6:54 PM

Chemistry within a team, dug out, and clubhouse plays a major role in whether a team succeeds or fails. Rossy definitely would bring back the 2016 chemistry, but there is much more to managing a team than chemistry. I've always felt that former catchers make up some of the best managers. Of all the positions in baseball the catcher is/has to be in on every pitch, every play. It's the toughest position to play both physically and mentally of all positions. When a team can either develop or find an all-star catcher they better keep him because they don't come around very often. Their intuitive thinking puts them in a class of their own.

Rossy definitely has the experience and respect but I'm not sure if he is the perfect fit for the Cubs, but he would make a great manager for some team.

I have no idea what Epstein has in mind. Everyone will agree the goal is to win another World Series, and that could take a couple of years. There are many areas that require addressing and it starts at the top and filters down to the field. A philosophy of team is so important rather than what can I do for myself. Again, it all comes back to basic fundamentals of baseball rather than personal success. We failed miserably in that area this past season. That formula is disastrous

Learn to hit the opposite way of the shift, learn how and where to bunt, give up yourself for the better of the team, know the situation at hand before you step into the batters box, know the value and learn to hit a sacrifice fly. These to me are the key to winning and losing, and I thought were to taught in the minors before coming up to the big time.

I was taught that you never assume, that you run hard whether it's a dtibbler back to the mound or an infield pop-up. It's called hustling and performing for what you're being paid for. Ballplayers of today really don't understand how fortunate they have it compared to the average worker. If the average worker performed like some of these ego driven players perform we would be out of a job.

Start respecting your God given talent, you don't know how fortunate you are to be paid the astronomical salaries for playing a game 6-7 months a year 3 1/2 hours a day even if you get to the park 4 hours before the game.

Play Ball!

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic