CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs vs. Astro Series Preview: TV times, Starting pitchers, Predictions, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

May 27, 2019, 11:01 AM

Batten down the hatches, as this will undoubtedly be the toughest opponent that the Cubs have faced all year.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs vs. Astro Series Preview: TV times, Starting pitchers, Predictions, more

May 27, 2019, 12:04 PM

I think Wednesday's game is going to be shown on ESPN.

Re: Cubs vs. Astro Series Preview: TV times, Starting pitchers, Predictions, more

May 27, 2019, 12:08 PM

If it is, then MLB has it listed wrong.

May 27, 2019, 1:24 PM

No doubt this will be a very difficult series, even if Bryant were in the lineup. Without him and Heyward's sore hip the rest of the line up will need to step up and carry the Cubs to a series win.

Once again I cannot stress the importance of the front office coming up with a way to secure a closer, and sooner than later. The bullpen has fallen back into giving up walks, hits, hits batsmen, wild pitches, etc. It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to know that this is a losing formula. Every good team will have it's struggles throughout a long season. Another reason is that the schedule does not favor the Cubs especially the final two months of the season. We don't need another 30 games in 30 days with few days off when everyone knows you need a day off in the 2nd half of the season.

We have a very talented and good team but if the bullpen continues to falter and we don't have a legitimate closer I don't foresee us going deep into the playoffs

Injuries are part of the game and most teams go through it. It's how the team responds that matters. As history shows, teams that go deep into the playoffs and win a World Series have generally stayed healthy for most of the season. Players make so much money that when they get injured management are afraid to bring them back unless they are 100% healthy. I'm of the opinion that players of today are babied far more than necessary because of the absurd amount of money they make. I grew up when pitchers pitched 9 innings, players played at less than 100% healthy, and they didn't complain about it, they just went out day after day and played hard to win. It's as if Baseball has turned into the land of sissies. Adapt,improvise,and overcome should be the motto, but it isn't. Today a stubbed toe seems to an automatic 10 day on the DL. PLAY BALL!!

May 28, 2019, 1:03 AM

All good points.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic