CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs vs. Rockies Series Preview: TV times, Starting pitchers, Predictions, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Jun 4, 2019, 5:08 PM

If you’d asked me 36 hours ago about this series, I would have said “Rockies win it, with the possibility of a sweep;” but I’m not so sure about that now.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs vs. Rockies Series Preview: TV times, Starting pitchers, Predictions, more

Jun 4, 2019, 6:14 PM

If anyone needs benched it's strikeout Schwarber. Almora should be playing somewhere in the outfield. Schwarber is a liability in the outfield and as far as I'm concerned at the plate. He's hitting 220, 284 at bats and 69 strikeouts. Almora is hitting 254 with 184 at bats and 29 strikeouts, you tell me who should start. I don't know what love triangle is going on with Schwarber, Epstein, and Maddon. It wouldn't bother me in the least if they traded Schwarber and a minor league player for a closer.

Re: Cubs vs. Rockies Series Preview: TV times, Starting pitchers, Predictions, more

Jun 4, 2019, 6:22 PM

i don't think he's that bad defensively in the outfield

Jun 4, 2019, 7:08 PM

He's average at best. Almora is 100% better. Put Schwarber in center and he'd be lost.

Jun 4, 2019, 9:18 PM

Schwarber would never play CF so that doesn't make much sense. He is an LF and Almora will always be a CF.

Almora is 1000x better outfielder defensively but that doesn't mean Schwarbs sucks in LF. He's not bad. His batting average is the problem, not his LF play.

Jun 6, 2019, 6:58 PM

In the 2016 world series Almora was brought in to play right field and immediately made a spectacular play. So he can play anywhere in the outfield and shine.

Jun 6, 2019, 7:01 PM

In a bind, they would put him in different spots but more than likely his bread and butter for the Cubs or another team will be CF.

Jun 6, 2019, 9:47 PM

Agree, I would hate to see him leave the Cubs, but I feel he deserves to be a everyday player.

Jun 6, 2019, 11:25 PM

Agreed ... One of my more favorite players on the team ... Seems like he isnt Maddons though

Jun 4, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Cubs vs. Rockies Series Preview: TV times, Starting pitchers, Predictions, more ]

He's average at best. Almora is 100% better. Put Schwarber in center and he'd be lost.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic