CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does the Universal DH benefit the Cubs?
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

May 11, 2020, 5:27 PM

As most of you may have heard by now, the latest proposal to restart the MLB season has been approved by the owners, which is a huge first step. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does the Universal DH benefit the Cubs?

May 11, 2020, 7:33 PM

Why (contract dollars aside) would you possibly consider Heyward a lock in right field? Overall, when they were both playing regularly, his numbers were indistinguishable from Almora's. Both need improvement to justify playing time.
Heyward (bless his heart, take the money if they're giving it to you) would have been sent to the minors several times in the last few years were he not overpaid and out of options. In 2016, Joe had that figured out and Justin played less and less in key situations. He really hasn't improved since. He plays because they're paying him, not because it gets the best team on the field. And when you're fielding a team based on contracts rather than results, you're in trouble.

May 12, 2020, 11:21 AM

How quickly Cubs fans forget 2016 when that Cubs team had the best team defense, not only, that season but, probably, the best team defense in Baseball history. It was Heyward in RIGHT FIELD who supplied a big part of that incredible defense. Defense DOES win championships and this was very true in 2016 for the Cubs. Admittedly, Heyward's defense may have fallen off somewhat these last 3 years...but....with the DH, we will NOT need as much offense going forward. We will be much better defensively with Heyward playing every in RF and Almora playing every day in CF.

May 11, 2020, 10:21 PM

I for one have sung the praises of DH FOR a few yrs. Everytime they mention trading Kyle Schwaber I YELL IF YOU TRADE Kyle people will forget the Lou Brock trade.They will be laughing to hard to remember Brock. People forget he is still learning. Think what a monster he will be in a couple of years. i MIGHT NOT SPELL VERY WELL BUT I LOVE THE CUBS. DH Go for it.

May 12, 2020, 2:12 PM

I'm not a huge fan of losing the DH but I think it was gonna happen eventually, its another bat for the MLBPA to get money for.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic