CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How the 2019 Cubs can avoid becoming the 2018 Bears
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Jun 3, 2019, 1:17 PM

Both the 2019 Cubs and last years’ Bears have similarities. Both teams are loaded with young talent, both sides look to be smack dab in the middle of a championship window, great coaches lead both, both draw great crowds, and both have one fatal flaw. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How the 2019 Cubs can avoid becoming the 2018 Bears

Jun 3, 2019, 1:52 PM

I couldn't agree with you more Anthony. All my past posts have pointed to the need for a bona-fide closer. Sooner than later. If the Cubs can land Kimbrel my concern is how will it take for him to pitch to his past ability. One can only hope he is staying in shape, throwing, and becoming stronger and accurate.

As you stated the Cubs on the trail of the Bears in the coming months. For the Cubs to have rebounded from their terrible start to where we are now is a testament that the talent and desire is there. But we have got to get the bullpen in order and get a closer.

I'll also reiterate that the starters have got to be more efficient with their pitches and go 6 if not 7 innings to have a chance to get on a sustained winning streak. Our bullpen has enough problems without getting into the tired arm syndrome. Nothing frustrates me more than a a reliever coming in and walking the first batter he faces, that has got to stop.

Everyone loves the homerun, I'd rather see a merry-go-round on the bases with singles and doubles. Good fundamental baseball. Get on base, get them over and then score, keep the merry-go-round going.

Jun 4, 2019, 12:21 PM

I mentioned in my column this morning that the Cubs played good offensively yesterday- 8 runs, 11 hits and just a pair of homers (n the 7th) for a little insurance. Smart ball.

Jun 3, 2019, 1:54 PM

Nice read

awesome read***

Jun 4, 2019, 5:52 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic