CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Longing for Chicago Cubs baseball? Here are your current options
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Feb 17, 2020, 11:47 AM

There may be light at the end of the Marquee Network tunnel. Let’s hope it’s not an oncoming train. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Longing for Chicago Cubs baseball? Here are your current options

Feb 17, 2020, 12:08 PM

Sorry, just not going to switch from YouTube to Hulu just to get the Cub games. Like I said before, thank God the Cubs have one of the best radio baseball announcers in Pat Hughes.

Feb 17, 2020, 12:34 PM

I'll go with MLB TV on my Roku, but I won't go to Hulu. Overpriced, hated it and really dislike the format.

Feb 17, 2020, 6:37 PM

I have MLB .tv. Both on my laptop and on my roku TV And I would never switch. It only cost one payment of $140 that $140 gets you The entire season. It is not like MLB extra innings where you have to make monthly payments of $30 a month this $140 payment gets you 12 months of access so is equivalent to just over $12. Close with my subscription I also get minor league TV which gives me access to 75% minor league broadcasts

Feb 17, 2020, 6:45 PM

That is a solid deal if you a diehard baseball fan.

Some fans are wanting the extra pre-game and post-game stuff and the 24/7 Cubs coverage too.

Feb 17, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Longing for Chicago Cubs baseball? Here are your current options ]

In negotiations like this, it usually goes down to the last minute (AKA opening day) or longer. These huge companies do this for a living (Comcast, etc.) so they know what they are doing.

When both parties feel like they didn't win the negotiation, it probably means there is an agreement in place.

Fans can be upset, but this is all still pretty normal.

One issue that the Marquee Network and Cubs had was that they didn't really have an infrastructure in place, aka special website, social, etc. for fans to call in to voice their opinions to cable companies like Comcast. You have to make it easy for fans.

Marquee Network barely had a workable site.

In other deals, I have seen teams really help their fans easily talk to the companies to get after them. Only when fans do this by threatening the companies that they will lose $$$ by losing a customer, do mega-deals usually get done early.

As with most things, money talks. It will get done, just not by the Cubs fan's timeline.

Feb 22, 2020, 12:17 PM

No affordable options to watch a team that I've been a fan of since I was a child. And at this point, no option at all with the 1st spring training game today. The particulars should have been ironed out long before now. Not to have a deal worked out with the biggest carrier in Chicagoland is disgraceful.

Feb 22, 2020, 1:02 PM

I guess you have Comcast

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic