Replies: 6  

Brandon Morrow

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 10:09 PM

Update on Morrow in one short video.

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/video/top-10-rp-right-now-morrow/c-2522630983

founder_donation.jpg

Re: Brandon Morrow

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 12:05 PM

Morrow is another one of those player's who can make a difference if he gets and stays healthy. I'm a little concerned after the mulitiple injuries last year.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 12:09 PM

I'm excited to see him healthy this year. It's a gamechanger if he performs well and Stroppie and Cishek are able to do 7th and 8th innings without worrying about closing.

2019 admin level memberfounder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 12:34 PM

don;t understand why they waited so long to operate on Morrow. If they had done this in September, he'd be ready by now. They knew that scar tissue was there, they would have seen it on imaging. I understand wanting to postpone surgery in hopes that things will change, but scar tissue doesn't ever go away, in fact it usually continues to grow.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 11:04 AM

It's because they did a different set of tests on him when he wasn't getting better and that is when they discovered the issue. And before you say it, they were not expecting what happened to happen which is why they didn't check for it right away.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 5:26 PM

Either way, the prolonged recovery means the Cubs are out a closer (at least their main one) until mid-May. Strop can do it, and the addition of Brad Brach will also help.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 6:21 PM

Brad will help a ton tell Morrow gets healthy. It just is confusing why Cubs waited so long to operate on Morrow when they knew it was Scared tissue. I think Kin talked about this in an earlier post.

founder_donation.jpg

Replies: 6  
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
467 people have read this post