»
Topic: Contreras
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jan 3, 2019 2:37 PM by: KenAllison18®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

Contreras

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 4:33 PM

Has it been reported what happened to his power last season? HIs rookie year he carried the Cubs but the second half last season it looked like he couldn't hit a HR to save his life.

founder_donation.jpg

Re: Contreras

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 4:36 PM

Some pointed to exhaustion, but heck if I know.
I think he suited up for around 110 games, a lot for a catcher.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 9:52 AM

I agree Sdwat61. He seemed tired to me too.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 2:37 PM

I think they were all tired. Contreras was a workhorse last year, but I'm guessing he doesn't catch nearly as many innings this season. Not by his choice, but I think management will hold him back a little.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Dec 24, 2018 9:52 AM

He got married too last year. He just looked too tired mentally and physically for a young guy. I guess they need to give him more days off to keep him at full strength.

2019 admin level memberfounder_donation.jpg

Posted: Dec 24, 2018 10:01 AM

I think the entire team looked whipped last year- with the exception of Baez, Zobrist and maybe Bote- but even Bote's bat went stale. I think they took the approach that hey could glide on the success of year's past, and when it finally dawned on them that they were in trouble, it was too late. Pressure set in, and every player felt obligated to send one flying into the stands. They all need to calm down, regroup and focus on contact.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Dec 24, 2018 11:11 AM

Weather didn't help either with all the rainouts. Just a perfect storm of suck down the stretch.

Posted: Dec 24, 2018 11:29 AM

The stretch was ugly- no doubt.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 8:58 AM

I'm thinking for a decent comeback season for Contreras in 2019. Too young and talented to be mediocre again offensively.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 11:18 AM

I agree, What concerns me though, is that the power and slump struggles affected the whole team. How do 10 guys suddenly become that weak at the same time?

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 7:08 PM

Chili Davis obviously was a bad hire for this group. Look for better things in 2019.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 2:31 PM

Let's hope so. I don't have a ton of knowledge regarding Iapoce, but I guess we'll see how he does.

founder_donation.jpg

Replies: 11  
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
463 people have read this post