CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CubsHQ: Ian Happ sent to minors
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

CubsHQ: Ian Happ sent to minors

Mar 23, 2019, 6:58 PM

Ian Happ sent to minors

Chicago Cubs announced that young outfielder Ian Happ will start the season in the minors as he will be optioned to Triple-A Iowa. Happ had a difficult spring a Read Update »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CubsHQ: Ian Happ sent to minors

Mar 23, 2019, 7:51 PM

I don't want to say I told you so but I told you so. Really, he gave the team no choice. When you don't hit your weight you don't hang around. Hopefully he gets his head back on and comes back.

Mar 24, 2019, 1:53 AM

This was unquestionably the best move that the Cubs made all winter. Should have done this 8 mos ago.

Mar 24, 2019, 8:03 AM

The number one thing this shows me is that the Cubs are not going to allow Maddon to pack the roster with "his guys". It hasn't made sense since last July keeping Happ on the ML team. I think Happ can be productive but he needs to go to Iowa and get his head together and figure out what the heck happened to his plate coverage.

He needs to shorten his swing and relearn the strike zone. While he's down there work on his defense which has always been about a"C" or less and pick a position, infield or outfield and get better.

This is going to mean increased playing time for Almora and Bote which is a good thing. Watch for Bryant to get more games in right field and Bote at third. When Russell comes back Bote can fill in for most of the infield.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:40 AM

FYI: Reports yesterday said that he will concentrate in the outfield in the minors

Mar 24, 2019, 11:08 AM

I almost think he should focus on batting from just one side as well. He doesn't want to lose the "ability" to switch hit, but let's face it- he doesn't bat any better from the left than he does the right.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic