CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CubsHQ: Pedro Strop suffers leg injury
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

CubsHQ: Pedro Strop suffers leg injury

Mar 12, 2019, 7:37 PM

Pedro Strop suffers leg injury

Not ideal news for the Chicago Cubs. Veteran reliever Pedro Strop suffered a right hamstring injury during the final pitch of his appearance on Saturday. Strop Read Update »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CubsHQ: Pedro Strop suffers leg injury

Mar 12, 2019, 7:47 PM

Again? Really? WTH do these guys DO all off season, sit on their patoots? They're supposed to be professional athletes, they should be in shape year round, as their bodies are part of what makes them money.

I understood last year, wet ground, should never have been told to hit, but this one's on him
IMHO..

Mar 13, 2019, 1:42 AM

I have no idea what's up with Strop. Hamstrings are due 99% of the time to not stretching enough. What bothers me, is that now we may enter the season without a closer, since Morrow is still out. Another though to consider, last year it was Strop's right hammy, this time it's his left, making him doubly vulnerable for future problems.

Speaking of sitting on his Duff, any thoughts as to why Happ now has batting average of .097? I mean, afterall, he was the DH tonight and played through the eighth. Funny thing happened when Bernard pinch hit for him in the ninth... THE CUBS SCORED.

Mar 13, 2019, 10:14 AM

Strop will be fine. Let him sit for five days and all will be good.

Happ continues to be a mystery as to why he is still on the team. He can't hit anymore, he never could field, and his base running is around t-ball level. Oh, yeah. He and Joe love to go wine tasting together.

Mar 14, 2019, 2:12 AM

Happ is a waste of roster space. Before he got that hit late in the game today, he managed to drop his avg to .094 (this was at the point that was 0-2). According to reporters who saw the game, at least 1 of his 2 flyballs should have been caught, but he misplayed it. Just what I want from my "everyday" outfielder.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic