CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan's take: A Pat on the Back
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Dan's take: A Pat on the Back

May 27, 2019, 10:10 AM

A lot of newspapers and websites are doing their, “we are a third of the way thru the season” recaps/updates, and many of them are twisting their arms to pat themselves on the backs for not picking the Cubs to finish last.

Or for being bold enough to say this spring that Javier Baez is good, or that the Cubs starting pitching is as expected by them, or any number of other false praises from them.

The facts are this. There is only one media company that gets Cubs projections and information right more than 80% of the time ahead of things happening, and you are currently reading it.

I’m not talking about after the fact stories or articles; I’m talking about telling you, the fans, what to expect from our beloved before it happens so that you are smarter than your friends and family about all things Cubs.

Since this website launched a couple of years ago, we have been one of the leading voices for fans by bringing you in-game coverage, game day wrap-ups, and opinion pieces that bring you inside the clubhouse and executive suite.

I laugh when I see other publications writing about how they knew this team would be one of the top two teams in the national league right now. Almost everyone but us predicted the Cubs to be somewhere between third and sixth in the central. We, well some of us anyway, said they would win over 100 games back in January.

Only here did you know, well ahead of the rest of the world, that the pitching and hitting coach would be replaced. Only here did you first learn that Darvish was going to be done for the year last year right after he went on the IL.

I could go on, but modesty precludes me from publishing the long list. I am writing about this today, not to be braggadocious, but, to remind you of how valuable your time can be by spending a few minutes a couple of times a day to check us out and tell your friends to do the same.

Why are we so adept at all things Cubs? Because we are not only baseball fans, but we spend the time talking to people who know, and we research what is happening with this team. My writing colleague, Ken Allison, during the season spends about three minutes a day with his family and the other 23 hours and fifty-seven minutes living, eating, and breathing the Cubs. While his wife is thrilled for the relief from him, it is just not healthy, and we have to beg him to stop sometimes.

We know you have plenty of other options when you want Cubs information and we make sure that when you do stop by, you are getting accurate information. The fact that we are right many more times than wrong should give you comfort and bring you back for more.

If you really want to get involved with the Cubs and finding out more, then reading and participating in our message board should be a must do for each of you. It is free to join, and we have several topics going every day.

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest as it has been bugging me for a week now. More importantly, thank you for reading our stories and coming back for more every day, or once a week. Make us a part of your daily routine, and if you like what you see, then please tell a friend to visit.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan's take: A Pat on the Back

May 27, 2019, 10:24 AM

CubsHQ is becoming one of the more popular Cubs sites on the Internet

Re: Dan's take: A Pat on the Back

May 27, 2019, 12:05 PM

I think we have a good mix of updates, features, commentary and recaps. Good balance.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic