CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Julianna Zobrist thanks her supporters: "I am still here"
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

May 26, 2019, 8:07 AM

Ben Zobrist and Julianna Zobrist filed for divorce in mid-May. Zobrist has been on indefinite leave from the Cubs since May 8 as he deals with these family matt Read Update »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Julianna Zobrist thanks her supporters: "I am still here"

May 26, 2019, 8:57 AM

I can't say what I really think. I just wish Ben and the children the best. It's just a lousy situation. We miss him and want him back as soon as he can be.

May 26, 2019, 9:28 AM

Agreed...hopefully zo will be back for the second half of the season

May 26, 2019, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Julianna Zobrist thanks her supporters: "I am still here" ]

Thanks for joining our forum, Silver- and thanks for weighing in. I can (and will) say at least part of what you may be thinking.

I don't think Ben would allege adultery unless it happened, and if she did in fact cheat, then she'll now lie in the bed she's made for herself. She ruined the lives of three innocent kids with her actions, and she may have ruined Ben's career in the process, along with their.

Her "I am still here" post, to me, sounds more like an excerpt from a book that she's about to try writing and selling. It sounds overly dramatic. I'm sure maybe you had a choice adjective or two for her, but our site won't let those words appear.

Thanks again for joining- come back often.

-Ken

May 26, 2019, 11:46 AM

"Her "I am still here" post, to me, sounds more like an excerpt from a book that she's about to try writing and selling. It sounds overly dramatic. I'm sure maybe you had a choice adjective or two for her, but our site won't let those words appear. "

Ken, that's exactly what i thought on reading her vapid, empty attempt at prosaic verse. However, I'm glad you said it first. Not being in the Chicago area, and not reading the gossip outlets, I was unaware of the adultery allegations. Ben himself is to be commended for maintaining a silent dignity through his pain.
Hopefully, with good professional counselling and the support of family, friends , the Cubs organization, and fans, Ben can return to baseball as soon as possible.

May 26, 2019, 3:50 PM

I hope so, but I really have doubts. I have a little bit of inside information that he was likely to retire after this year, so I can't see him stringing out the next four months agonizing over his divorce, if he had planned to retire anyway.

May 26, 2019, 4:33 PM

Ken, perhaps the costs of this divorce/custody battle will force Zo to reconsider retirement ?

May 26, 2019, 5:20 PM

I really think just the opposite. He's pretty financially set, I am basing that off of his previous contracts of course. She has a career of her own and is making money, so I'm not certain that he's so much worried about future money, as he is about protecting his assets. By the way, where do you live? I don't think any of us are actually in Chicago anymore... I actually live in Southwest Missouri now, near Joplin, but I grew up in the Chicago area.

May 27, 2019, 7:15 AM

I'm in the Lehigh Valley, PA, Ken....a stone's throw from Coca Cola Park, where the IronPigs of International League (AAA, Phillies) play.

May 27, 2019, 12:02 PM

I spent a very brief period in Pennsylvania- near Bedford- sort of. Little town called Mann's Choice. Pretty out there.

May 27, 2019, 12:10 PM

I know Bedford, as it was the closest Turnpike exit for me when i lived in Western PA for almost a decade, mid 80's to mid 90s.

May 28, 2019, 12:59 AM

I spent a lot of time (and money) running that turnpike when I drove a truck.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic