CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryant gives girl taunted by video game all-star treatment
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Bryant gives girl taunted by video game all-star treatment

May 4, 2019, 4:43 PM

https://wgntv.com/2019/05/03/cubs-kris-bryant-wife-jessica-give-girl-taunted-by-video-game-all-star-treatment/

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s nice. Snowflakes helping snowflakes.***

May 5, 2019, 6:01 AM

Re: That’s nice. Snowflakes helping snowflakes.***

May 5, 2019, 9:41 AM

Wow. I see some sensitivity training in your professional future.

May 5, 2019, 10:45 AM

If it wasn't for this touchy-feely country that we now live in, the world would be a better place. Maybe I should call Javy and tell him Dan picks on me too much- maybe I can get season tickets for 3, hotel accommodations, food and beer.

May 5, 2019, 11:04 AM

Worth a try.

Nothing wrong with doing something nice for someone. You know, like this country used to do before we became committed to our way or no way.

May 7, 2019, 12:32 AM

I don't have to tell you, back then it was a different way of life. You helped people when they were down on their luck, not because some kid at school called you fat, ugly, stupid, etc. You gave someone a handout, not worrying if it was going to buy crack, gin, or whatever. Different time and place, and it sickens me.

May 7, 2019, 6:47 AM

You hopeless romantic you.

The perspective here is that the story was about a small girl not some crackhead living under a bridge in a box.

When we start to become so hard hearted that we can't appreciate doing something nice for a young child who was being bullied then I agree with you, this country has lost its soul and it's time to take it back from the negative people sucking the life out of us.

They did this girl no favors by doing what they did

May 7, 2019, 12:31 PM

Sounds like they should all hang out with Carl who got his feelings hurt being demoted. Here are words to live by: “That’s life.”

Re: They did this girl no favors by doing what they did

May 7, 2019, 1:10 PM

My friend. Carl is a grown #### man and can work issues out for himself and he understands reasons for things happening in his life. A child doesn't understand why things an adult does which is why you teach them and help them understand things.

Or, the other option, which must be how you either teach your kids, or plan on teaching them, is to let them be beaten down and fend for themselves because that is just too stinking bad isn't it?

I hear my kids are making out quite well

May 7, 2019, 7:16 PM

Both are up for parole next year.

Re: I hear my kids are making out quite well

May 7, 2019, 7:57 PM

fingers crossed

I’m just kidding.

May 8, 2019, 5:16 AM

They both are well adjusted despite their dad. One is a cubs fan and the other doesn’t follow sports.

May 9, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: They did this girl no favors by doing what they did ]

We arent talking beat down, this was a kid who was "bullied" by a faceless person on line while playing a video game. The world can be cruel, but maybe she should learn to toughen up, rather than to allow herself to be traumarized by someone she'll never meet. Did a day with KB and an X-Box make the bully go away for good? Of course not- the kid will go back to gaming online and the person will be there. Maybe better that her parents focus more on parenting, than to allow her play online.

May 10, 2019, 6:05 AM

Ken, it doesn't matter whether it was a kid in the school yard or some fat clown on line, being a bully is not acceptable in any form. I'm shocked that a guy who says he's disgusted with someone hitting his wife or girlfriend thinks a little girl should just toughen up when being bullied, and that it is her or her parents fault for letting her play online. It is the same thing, so either you are all talk or uninformed.

It's exactly that kind of attitude that lets all these maladjusted people get away with their BS. Blaming the kid or suggesting she isn't tough enough is beneath you and as a parent you really should know better.

May 10, 2019, 9:44 AM

Dan all I'm saying is that with things like online gaming is going to come things like cyber bullying. It isn't right, it's just the way it is. Should be the parent's job- not Bryant's, to make their kid feel better. The parents should also be policing her online activities. My main point was that the world is tough and coddling kids is exactly why they are the way they are today. I don't condone bullying, but if you allow your kid to enter a realm where bullying is likely to exist, you either need to coach them on dealing with the issue, or you take them out of the environment.

May 10, 2019, 5:03 PM

That I will agree with you on.

I think there’s something in the middle that’s right

May 10, 2019, 9:00 PM

When I was a kid my dad told me I wouldn’t make it to the major leagues. It bothered me. But really didn’t affect one way or the other whether I made it there. Johnny Bench’s classmates laughed at him when he said he wanted to be a major league catcher. He remembered the laughter and when he graduated from high school he said the same thing and the didn’t laugh. He probably would have made it to the major leagues either way. However he felt like it was something of a motivator. A trip to yankee stadium to soothe his feelings might have actually caused him to not become the best catcher ever. In either case, though, the words were only that, just words. Yes, a little encouragement goes a long way. Even an arcade game could learn to encourage instead of tearing down the girl. Maybe “ better luck next time” would be better. At the same time when we get knocked down sometimes we get back up stronger and more determined so we shouldn’t be trying to eliminate all the things in life that serve that purpose.

Re: I think there’s something in the middle that’s right

May 10, 2019, 10:53 PM

When I was growing up, I was a small kid for my age. Not tall, and very slim. I took the brunt of the bullies when I wasn't big enough to do anything about it. Then I got a little more daring with my words, but didn't have the ### to back it up. It stopped when I finally stood up for myself in 8h grade, decking the biggest bully in my PE class squarely in the nose.

I'll never forget that day- it was parents visiting day at school and 10 minutes prior to my mom walking in to my class (the gym), I splattered this kids nose. I got a day's suspension (as did he), but I wasn't the one with the broken nose. My dad was always kind of a pacifist, so he never taught me how to fight. He didn't even punish me for the suspension, cuz he knew this kid had been hounding me for months.

I didn't need to play ping-pong with Bill Buckner to feel better- smashing him a good one and having him leave me alone from there on out was reward enough.

Message was edited by: KenAllison18®

May 16, 2019, 11:31 AM

Wow this thread took a turn quick

May 16, 2019, 4:19 PM

It usually does when I get PO'd. I think we can all see why I had to get off twitter and facebook.

May 17, 2019, 3:57 PM

I do kind of miss you on Twitter, but I KNOW you're still trolling FB. lol

Note to admins...let's do a "where are they now" on the girl

May 19, 2019, 4:14 PM

in about 20 years. Just to see which side of this thread turned out to be right.

Re: Note to admins...let's do a "where are they now" on the girl

May 19, 2019, 11:36 PM

In 20 years that girl will still be "scarred for life," forever traumatized for playing X-Box without parental supervision.

anyone have an update on this girl? I hope she is feeling better.***

Jul 13, 2019, 7:37 PM

Re: anyone have an update on this girl? I hope she is feeling better.***

Jul 13, 2019, 10:59 PM

I heard she is OK after her game trauma.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic