CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roster Moves- who will go?
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Roster Moves- who will go?

May 14, 2019, 11:46 AM

Some of the roster is carved in stone (Lester, Hamels, Q, Hendricks, Bryzzo, Javy, etc), but who gets moved when (or if, in some cases) Happ, Strop, Morrow, Caratini and company return from the DL? I figure Zagunis and Davis are gone for sure, and most likely Kyle Ryan, but there's still a lot of shuffling to do with some guys who are playing quality baseball right now.

Complicating the matter, is that not many of the pitchers have options left... Thoughts?

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Roster Moves- who will go?

May 14, 2019, 8:22 PM

I've always thought you were a little goofy.

Happ is not coming back. He will be part of a trade. As I've already written, Zagunis is a goner once Zo comes back. Caratini takes Davis spot for sure. I don't see any moves beyond this.

May 14, 2019, 11:06 PM

Strop, Morrow for starters. Although I think Morrow is a goner. I won't share, but I have a little insight on what's going on with Zo. I hope things get ironed out and he returns, but with his age and this being the last year of his contract, I wouldn't rule out a surprise, early retirement. This is his second leave in 3 months, presumably for the same reason. As you'll recall, he was about 10 days late to camp this year.

May 16, 2019, 10:31 AM

Zagunis will be gone as soon as Zobrist comes back and that is an if at that point. Like Ken mentioned Zobrist most likely will retire at the end of the season which leads into the possibility of an early retirement. If that is the case happ will get called up. If the Cubs plan on trading happ, they need go get him in the bigs to see what he has to offer. Zagunis will be gone regardless.

The question comes to caratini and Davis. A lot of talk seems to be caratini will be called up today or tomorrow. I honestly wont be surprised if the Cubs carry 3 catchers. Contreras would be every day cather, caratini will be back up catcher and back up 1b, Davis would be personal catcher for Darvish only. Cubs went with three catchers in 2016 just saying.

May 16, 2019, 3:59 PM

That's a possibility as well. I think keeping Zagunis and sending Davis down is the smart thing to do. Zagunis can play the outfield, whereas Davis is pretty much a backstop, with minimal time at first. I like the guy, but he's big, he's slow, and he just doesn't have the agility like Bryant or even Caratini. His inexperience speaks volumes, as last night, he appealed to the first base ump with a left handed batter in the box. He also had two very bad throws to second as Senzel was tearing apart the base paths.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic