CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The DH......Strap on gloves.
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

The DH......Strap on gloves.

Mar 6, 2019, 12:36 PM

A couple of things, the DH, I would love to see it in the NL. How many times a pitcher has a great game going but he is losing 1 to 0 9th inning 1 out man gets a double pitcher is up next he is pulled for a pinch hitter who pops up. In the 6th inning, the pitcher comes to bat men on 2nd and 3rd two outs, pitcher strikes out. Now back to the 9th if you had a DH in the 6th he might have gotten a hit and you would have the lead now. Plus it can extend the career of a lot of good hitters. With the DH the AL has an advantage, you can rotate the DH it will give players a little more rest when the Dog Days hit. One other little thing if you want to speed up the game, stop the players from loosening and tightening their gloves after every pitch. Drives me crazy. Remember Bobby Deneir (the human rain delay) Stay Blue we will be ok just get frustrated.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The DH......Strap on gloves.

Mar 6, 2019, 1:22 PM

I could not disagree more on the DH.

It is an abomination and a disgrace to baseball. This is not baseball. If you are wearing a glove then you should be hitting too. You want to speedup the game, eliminate more hits and runs by eliminating the DH.

There is just no good reason that anyone has ever come up with for this stupidity. It is as idiotic as interleague play, another farce in baseball.

I will agree with you that adjusting the batting gloves drives me crazy too. Simple solution, eliminate batting gloves.

Mar 6, 2019, 2:58 PM

I, too, think the DH is a bunch of crap, especially when there are so many pitchers that can hit.

Lester, Hamels, Lorenzen, DeSclafani, Chatwood (decent hitter, great bunter), Hendricks (and that's just from the Cubs and Reds). Between Hamels, Lester, DeSclafani and Lorenzen, they hit 7 homers an drove in 24 RBI. Chatwood and Hendricks each had an RBI last year, for a total of 26 runs between just 6 pitchers.

Chatwood is a .207 career hitter, and Lorenzen had a 2018 slash line of .290/.333/.710, ####- the Reds used him as a pinch hitter at least 3 times that I know of last year. For God's sake, Lorenzen hit a grand-slam last year (against the Cubs of all teams).

DON'T TELL ME that pitchers can't hit.

Mar 6, 2019, 3:36 PM

I'm not a big DH fan at all. However, because of interleague play and the World Series, both leagues will be the same whether it be all-DH or no-DH teams.

In a few years, it will be all-DH teams.

Mar 6, 2019, 6:46 PM

Unfortunately.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic