CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bullpen dooms Cubs, Schwarber bombs, Lester on bad outings, standings, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

May 25, 2019, 7:26 AM

It’s been just eight games since Joe Maddon decided to start using Kyle Schwarber at the leadoff spot in the Cubs’ batting order, and it would appear that this decision should have been made a long, long time ago. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bullpen dooms Cubs, Schwarber bombs, Lester on bad outings, standings, more

May 25, 2019, 9:29 AM

If yesterday's demeaning loss was not enough to realize just how desperately the Cubs need a bona-fide closer I don't know what is. We could have and definitely should have gained a game on everyone in our division. So the only upside is we didn't lose ground, but come on, Cinncinatti is a last place teams, these are teams we should be beating especially at home. In 2016 we dominated Cinncinatti, but no longer. A 1-4 record against a last place team, embarrassing and that's putt it mildly.

As I've stated in past post Schwarber has been a liability in the field and at the plate, but since being moved to the lead-off spot its like he has been reborn, and I'm happy for him. This is great for his confidence. Now that the lead-off spot has been remedied the front office must solve the closer spot. I for one am not comfortable with Strop being the closer. I would like to see a true closer with a closer's record. If it means that Russell and Happ have to be traded in order to secure a closer then so be it. Our bullpen has been inconsistent, too many walks, hits batsmen, wild pitches, etc. Other teams know that if they can get to our bullpen that they have a good chance of winning the close games.

I don't feel this is a situation the front office can wait on. I don't know see Morrow coming back before the 2nd half or at all. So please go get a closer now. My blood pressure can't take many more of these types of loss!

May 25, 2019, 2:44 PM

LOL.

You get used to it after 60 years.

May 25, 2019, 11:23 PM

The Cubs will solve (or at least attempt to solve) their closer issues soon (think trade-deadline). In the meantime, look for Chatwood to get a shot at it.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic