CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole Hamels' return to Philadelphia spoiled as Phillies crush Cubs
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Aug 14, 2019, 10:30 PM

Making his first start at Citizens Bank Park since being traded by the Philadelphia Phillies in 2015, Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Cole Hamels suffered through a dreadful homecoming. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole Hamels' return to Philadelphia spoiled as Phillies crush Cubs

Aug 15, 2019, 12:21 AM

There is absolutely nothing that can be said differently. It's the same faces as at home only its as though they change uniforms from the Cubs to Here we go again. It has to mental by now. That sense of impending doom. It's baffling and unexplainable. I don't think Einstein would have an answer or reason for what's happening. I don't understand all of the injuries. Big, young, strong men and it's a different injury at least once a week. All the technology, exercise equipment, trainers, etc. Sure hasn't seemed to make much difference.

I foresee many changes post 2019. The Cubs are going to have to pull a 1969 Mets miracle to pull this off. Can they do it will depend on just how much they want it and at this given moment I don't see it it nor do I feel it. Do they have the players that can pull together, step up, show some fire, belief, and desire? I belive they do, but it's up to them
They are not the team of 2016. They're talented but not exceptional. They've had one maybe two good streaks all season and we all know that the team that emerges with the championship will be the team that gets hot and goes on a roll peaking at the right time, and yes I do believe that they do have the talent to have that one great run at the right time. 41 games to go. We're nearing the point of the scoreboard watching. Once again the card have got the momentum, and the Brewers are far behind. I'm at the point that it's too painful to watch. Go Bears!

Aug 15, 2019, 7:44 AM

Did someone say Bears?

Check out our new Bears site when you get a chance. Thanks!

https://www.dabearshq.com

Aug 15, 2019, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Cole Hamels' return to Philadelphia spoiled as Phillies crush Cubs ]

If anyone knew how to solve the road woes, theo would hire them yesterday. It is not like they are doing anything differently just a different park. This is the biggest mystery I have ever seen with this team.

Aug 15, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Cole Hamels' return to Philadelphia spoiled as Phillies crush Cubs ]

Losing road games is one thing but flat out not being competitive is another

Aug 15, 2019, 3:08 PM

Hopefully, they will figure it out and go .500 eventually.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic