CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: Analyzing CarGo’s impact and Ben Zobrist's future
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Jun 11, 2019, 5:03 PM

When the Cubs won the 2016 World Series, the MVP was not awarded to Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, Jon Lester or even a young Javy Baez - Ben Zobrist earned that accolade. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Commentary: Analyzing CarGo’s impact and Ben Zobrist's future

Jun 11, 2019, 8:50 PM

Hey Anthony, nice story.

I have no issue with Gonzalez being in line-up. I also think he was a nice cheap pick-up. Where I have an issue is when he plays right Maddon feels compelled to put Heyward in Cf and he is god awful out there.

Anything that takes away playing time from Almora is a bad move. Heyward and CarGo are not the future, Almora is and his development should be the number one tie breaker when deciding who plays on a given night.

Jun 13, 2019, 8:49 PM

The cargo signing kind of reminds me of the Jim Edmonds signing back in 2008. Edmonds much like Gonzales is a proven Hitter who had a very difficult time staying healthy and finding a perminent roll toward the end of his career the cubs took a chance on edmunds by signing him to a major league deal in middle of May 2008 and he went on to hit 20 home runs for the cubs that year. Could Carlos be in a similar situation where the Cub sign him to practically a Free deal considering how It was a minor league deal. I do not see him hitting 20 home runs but 10 to 15 is very doable

Jun 13, 2019, 10:06 PM

Solid take.. I remember that move and how strange seeing him as a cub

Jun 14, 2019, 1:03 PM

I thought it was strange seeing him in Chicago Cubs colors but I was happy they brought him in because I knew how much of a Cub killer he was. I still remember when they 1st acquired him I believe it was may 14th 2008. He made his very 1st impact 4 days later I cannot remember the team they were playing but the game was at Wrigley field. The cubs were tied for the for and the top of the 9 and Edmonds made AA over the shoulder basket catch on the warning track to save a peron's in the top of the 9th inning. He then came To hit in the bottom of the 9th inning with onenote. a letter high fastball middle 3rd of the plate and tomahawked and into the center field basket for a walk off solo home run . From that moment the cubs fell in love with him that

Jun 14, 2019, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Commentary: Analyzing CarGo’s impact and Ben Zobrist's future ]

I thought it was strange seeing him in Chicago Cubs colors but I was happy they brought him in because I knew how much of a Cub killer he was. I still remember when they 1st acquired him I believe it was may 14th 2008. He made his very 1st impact 4 days later I cannot remember the team they were playing but the game was at Wrigley field. The cubs were tied for the for and the top of the 9 and Edmonds made an over the shoulder basket catch on the warning track to save a peron's in the top of the 9th inning. He then came To hit in the bottom of the 9th inning with one out. He got a letter high fastball middle 3rd of the plate and tomahawked and into the center field basket for a walk off solo home run . From that moment the cubs fell in love with him that

Jun 13, 2019, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Commentary: Analyzing CarGo’s impact and Ben Zobrist's future ]

The cargo signing kind of reminds me of the Jim Edmonds signing back in 2008. Edmonds much like Gonzales is a proven Hitter who had a very difficult time staying healthy and finding a perminent roll toward the end of his career the cubs took a chance on edmunds by signing him to a major league deal in middle of May 2008 and he went on to hit 20 home runs for the cubs that year. Could Carlos be in a similar situation where the Cub sign him to practically a Free deal considering how It was a minor league deal. I do not see him hitting 20 home runs but 10 to 15 is very doable

Jun 13, 2019, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Commentary: Analyzing CarGo’s impact and Ben Zobrist's future ]

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic