CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: Cubs will undergo massive changes this winter
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Oct 9, 2020, 11:11 AM

The team did accomplish the ultimate goal - winning the World Series in 2016, but since then, it's been a downward spiral at best. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Commentary: Cubs will undergo massive changes this winter

Oct 11, 2020, 1:33 AM

Everyone seems to want to hit a HR. There doesn't seem to be a small ball is good attitude. Baez book is two stikes and low outside pitch equals instant out. Plus why not hit away from the shift. They're paid millions to play baseball. PLAY the game! Put the ball in play. Hit away from the shift move runners. Make the defense work harder. Cubbies open the shortened season on fire but like a bad lover, can't keep it up.
Change is scary but sometimes necessary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 1:33 AM

Everyone seems to want to hit a HR. There doesn't seem to be a small ball is good attitude. Baez book is two stikes and low outside pitch equals instant out. Plus why not hit away from the shift. They're paid millions to play baseball. PLAY the game! Put the ball in play. Hit away from the shift move runners. Make the defense work harder. Cubbies open the shortened season on fire but like a bad lover, can't keep it up.
Change is scary but sometimes necessary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 10:06 AM

Nice column article Ken. I think both Schwarber & Bryant are gone. I just have this feeling though that Bryant will bounce back from his injuries but understand the Cubs not wanting to roll the dice that he does. I also have a feeling Baez might be traded as well. As good & exciting a player as he is he has gone through several years and several batting coaches and still is a wild swinger that is a sucker for the low & outside pitch and tries to pull everything. Although to be honest all the Cubs try to pull everything instead of taking the outside pitch to the opposite field. Should be an interesting winter meeting & offseason.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic