»
Topic: Commentary: The Cubs are in first place... but it sure doesn't feel that way
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 9, 2019 8:08 AM by: KenAllison18®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Commentary: The Cubs are in first place... but it sure doesn't feel that way

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 1:17 PM

Commentary: The Cubs are in first place... but it sure doesn't feel that way

How can a team with an 18-27 (.333) road record, a rotation that has fought injuries and slumps, a bullpen that is 95% undependable and an offense that can’t score with runners in scoring position, possibly be in first place?
Full Story »

2019 admin level memberfounder_donation.jpg

Re: Commentary: The Cubs are in first place... but it sure doesn't feel that way

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 8:13 PM

Not disagreeing with you on any salient factual averments, Ken, but the whole tone of this editorial is so pessimistic for this season, it made finishing reading difficult.

founder_donation.jpg

Re: Commentary: The Cubs are in first place... but it sure doesn't feel that way

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 10:38 PM

I'm gonna keep it positive and hope the Cubs get some rest and start off hot in the second half ... It's possible

2019 admin level memberfounder_donation.jpg

It feels like the Cubs are in first place!***

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 11:23 PM

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 8:08 AM

It wasn't supposed to be pessimism, Nort, it was more about the conflict I feel when I wonder what's right or what's wrong with the team anymore. Self-conflicted, and maybe a bit of abstract thinking. Am I little pessimistic? Yeah.

Message was edited by: KenAllison18®

founder_donation.jpg

Replies: 4  
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
361 people have read this post