CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, John Lackey in Mesa, Spring Matters, Marquee access
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, John Lackey in Mesa, Spring Matters, Marquee access

Feb 27, 2020, 8:31 AM

The Cubs got back to their winning ways yesterday, as they captured an 8-0 win over a Royals split squad. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, John Lackey in Mesa, Spring Matters, Marquee access

Feb 27, 2020, 9:54 AM

Good stuff again Ken (I'm taking a break from twitter so posting here). I don;t get how fans don't understand the purpose of Spring Training. You nailed it. I am not excited about Lackey. I felt his personality was a hindrance to the team and a bad influence on young players like Willy.

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, John Lackey in Mesa, Spring Matters, Marquee access

Feb 27, 2020, 12:13 PM

Good first post Nick and glad to have you here!

Feb 27, 2020, 2:05 PM

Nick rewteets every article I tweet. (Thanks again, Nick)

Feb 27, 2020, 2:31 PM

I like CubsHQ stuff alot. Glad to share it.

Feb 27, 2020, 2:38 PM

Glad you part of our growing community

Feb 27, 2020, 10:54 AM

Totally agree with your view on spring training games Ken. I know each games performance must mean a lot to Lester also this spring. I know in reality managers like to alternate through their rotation lefty/righty, but in all honesty Lester at this stage of his career might be a 3rd or even a 4th starter in this rotation.
I didn't realize Hoerner is off to a 0-6 start (Sucks having no Cub broadcast on YouTube TV!) Really wanted to see the kid make the squad but would understand management leaving Nico in Iowa if he has a bad spring to build up his confidence.

Feb 27, 2020, 2:30 PM

The Hoerner thing has me disappointed as well. I hope he is just a little slow out the gate and will pick up.

Feb 27, 2020, 12:07 PM

Thanks Ken, Nick.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic