CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Grandpa Rossy Day, Cubs Con, Gerrit Cole tidbit, MLB Hot Stove, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Grandpa Rossy Day, Cubs Con, Gerrit Cole tidbit, MLB Hot Stove, more

Oct 28, 2019, 6:46 PM

For his part, Ross says accountability is a must, and he doesn’t care who he annoys in the process; he just wants to win.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Grandpa Rossy Day, Cubs Con, Gerrit Cole tidbit, MLB Hot Stove, more

Oct 29, 2019, 8:06 AM

Thanks for putting the full Rossy introductory presser on your site. Just watched it and I'm stoked for the 2020 season to start. As far as Cole goes, I really didn't think we would be serious contenders for his service. Cubs unfortunately need for some current salaries to disappear
first. Just hopping there is enough to sign Castellanos and maybe Rendon (I think Bryant will walk when he becomes eligible).

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Grandpa Rossy Day, Cubs Con, Gerrit Cole tidbit, MLB Hot Stove, more

Oct 29, 2019, 9:04 AM

Yea. I don't think they will be serious contender for Cole either as he wants 7-8 year max contract.

I agree that they might be able to afford Castellanos and maybe a little more.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:30 PM

Yeah Castellanos was a spark plug to the Cubs after they picked him up. But he is going to bring out a lot of bidders I'm afraid. Hopefully the Cubs can be the top bidders on his services.

Oct 29, 2019, 6:03 PM

He is mostly a DH player in many team's minds so he might be obtainable by the Cubs if they go after him.

Mostly suited for the AL by most scouts.

Message was edited by: cucubbie®

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic