CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Kris Bryant to leadoff, Piniella in camp, Maddon stirs the pot, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Kris Bryant to leadoff, Piniella in camp, Maddon stirs the pot, more

Feb 20, 2020, 8:22 AM

Kris Bryant has volunteered to be the Cubs’ leadoff man, and David Ross is doing it. Ross says Bryant will start the season at leadoff.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Kris Bryant to leadoff, Piniella in camp, Maddon stirs the pot, more

Feb 20, 2020, 8:56 AM

I also read in Jordan's column that not only is Rossy looking at Bryant to lead off, but is considering Rizzo in the #2 hole as well. That's a lot of pop at the top of the order. And would give a lot of RBI opportunities to Javy, Schwarbs & Contreras. Should be an interesting spring seeing how that plays out.

Message was edited by: Ken®

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Kris Bryant to leadoff, Piniella in camp, Maddon stirs the pot, more

Feb 20, 2020, 11:39 AM

Yea...Rizzo confirmed his No. 2 spot in interviews this morning.

Feb 20, 2020, 5:27 PM

Paralysis by over analysis.

You usually have a different leadoff hitter every inning. And it doesn't matter who the leadoff man is, the objective doesn't change. Get on base.

Sure it makes sense to make the guy who is best at hitting on base, your first at-bat of the game. But my God, so much has been made of the leadoff man, you'd think finding a good #1 hitter nets you 105 wins.

Its a simple idea. It probably matters. It doesn't matter that much. You'll probably have a different leadoff hitter next inning. Stop obsessing. Get more men on base.

Feb 20, 2020, 10:44 PM

I think it matters if it gives the rest of the team confidence.

Feb 21, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Cubs News and Notes: Kris Bryant to leadoff, Piniella in camp, Maddon stirs the pot, more ]

I think it does matter. Usually over a game/season the top couple of hitters in a line up gets more at bats. Bryant & Rizzo getting more AB = a good thing.

Feb 21, 2020, 11:05 AM

Agreed. I'd rather have Bryant with the fifth at-bat than most others.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic