Topic: Free agent catchers Cubs may target for 2020
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 9, 2019 5:54 PM by: cucubbie®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Free agent catchers Cubs may target for 2020

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 2:00 PM

Free agent catchers Cubs may target for 2020

As of right now, the Cubs catching situation appears to be set with Willson Contreras and Victor Caratini holding down the fort. However, recent trade rumors have been circling within the organization. Full Story »

2019 admin level memberfounder_donation.jpg

Re: Free agent catchers Cubs may target for 2020

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 4:27 PM

I believe we should keep Contreras and Caratini. They are both still young and I feel they will continue to get better. Surely, the Cubs have someone in the the organization that can work with these guys and their framing. Going out and getting a 35-37 year old backup catcher, to me, would be a mistake and the money could be better spent towards pitching.

I do like the idea of Whit Merrifield.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 5:54 PM

Solid take..You could think someone like Ross and others could coach them up as they trend up in their young careers. They are certainly a cost effective duo for the Cubs and should be getting better in 2020 and beyond.

2019 admin level memberfounder_donation.jpg

I believe we should keep Contreras and Caratini. They are both still young and I feel they will continue to get better. Surely, the Cubs have someone in the the organization that can work with these guys and their framing. Going out and getting a 35-37 year old backup catcher, to me, would be a mistake and the money could be better spent towards pitching.

founder_donation.jpg

founder_donation.jpg

Replies: 4  
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
195 people have read this post