CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Free agent catchers Cubs may target for 2020
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Nov 9, 2019, 2:00 PM

As of right now, the Cubs catching situation appears to be set with Willson Contreras and Victor Caratini holding down the fort. However, recent trade rumors have been circling within the organization. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Free agent catchers Cubs may target for 2020

Nov 9, 2019, 4:27 PM

I believe we should keep Contreras and Caratini. They are both still young and I feel they will continue to get better. Surely, the Cubs have someone in the the organization that can work with these guys and their framing. Going out and getting a 35-37 year old backup catcher, to me, would be a mistake and the money could be better spent towards pitching.

I do like the idea of Whit Merrifield.

Nov 9, 2019, 5:54 PM

Solid take..You could think someone like Ross and others could coach them up as they trend up in their young careers. They are certainly a cost effective duo for the Cubs and should be getting better in 2020 and beyond.

I believe we should keep Contreras and Caratini. They are both still young and I feel they will continue to get better. Surely, the Cubs have someone in the the organization that can work with these guys and their framing. Going out and getting a 35-37 year old backup catcher, to me, would be a mistake and the money could be better spent towards pitching.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic