»
Topic: Arrieta sadness
Replies: 5   Last Post: Feb 14, 2018 12:29 PM by: cucubbie®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Arrieta sadness

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 3:12 PM

My first Cubs jersey as an adult was Jake's. If he goes to the Cardinals/Brewers I will probably have to burn it. This has been a sad and surreal moment. Join me in remembering a fallen brother.

2018 editor level memberfounder_donation.jpg

Re: Arrieta sadness

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 3:19 PM

Don't get me depressed about Arrieta leaving. That man was a workhorse and a dominating presence for the Cubs.

Hopefully, Darvish can take over as an ACE type. I know he is getting ACE money.

2018 admin level memberfounder_donation.jpg

There is a company that can do a new nameplate

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 9:31 PM

for the jersey. i know that's not a perfect answer to the jersey, but you could change it to your own last name or something like that.

founder_donation.jpg

Re: There is a company that can do a new nameplate

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 10:23 PM

that's a good idea. I know that Fanatics will let you trade in your jersey if a guy gets traded in the first like six months you own the jersey.

That's got to suck if you buy a guy's jersey and the next day he got traded before they started this sorta insurance thing for purchases.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 11:15 AM

I wouldn't burn it. He is all-time great Cubs pitcher no matter what. There is no World Series without Jake.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 12:29 PM

Arrieta had one of the best seasons ever in 2015. You can't blame him for wanting to take care of his family with this generational money. Hopefully, he doesn't regret not trying to work something out with the Cubs at a lower price tag.

You can't buy happiness sometimes.

Replies: 5  
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
221 people have read this post