»
Topic: Cubs plan to leave Baez at SS. Thoughts?
Replies: 3   Last Post: May 17, 2019 4:00 PM by: KenAllison18®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

Cubs plan to leave Baez at SS. Thoughts?

Posted: May 16, 2019 11:13 AM

He is a great SS but he could also move around and give slumping players a break.

https://twitter.com/MLBastian/status/1128417828892233728

founder_donation.jpg

Re: Cubs plan to leave Baez at SS. Thoughts?

Posted: May 16, 2019 3:55 PM

His versatility is second to none. My guess is that they have Bote, Bryant and Javy for third, Russell, Bote, Descalso (and maybe Zo for second. Javy isn't going anywhere anytime soon, due to the depth the Cubs have. Even with Rizzo out and Zo gone, they still have depth for the infield.

Sounds like someone wanted to start a rumor to stir the pot. For now, Baez IS the shortstop.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: May 16, 2019 4:23 PM

As I have repeatedly said for three years, the best defensive line-up up the middle for the Cubs is Contreras, Almora, and Baez at second with Russell at short. You can look up the numbers when it is that way and they are really good.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: May 17, 2019 4:00 PM

Dan, I don't disagree that the numbers may support that, God knows I live by stats, but if you and I see it, I'm sure Maddon does as well. Somewhere, there's a reason Javy isn't moving. Not sure if you saw (read) it, but last Maddon said of Luis Castillo, "He pitches like Javy plays shortstop." Sounds to me like Maddon isn't even considering a change. (That comment may have been a little slap in the face for Russell, unintentional, I'm sure).

founder_donation.jpg

Replies: 3  
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
77 people have read this post