»
Topic: Hendricks' Bat
Replies: 4   Last Post: May 16, 2019 11:53 AM by: KenAllison18®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Hendricks' Bat

Posted: May 15, 2019 8:29 AM

Unbelievable that The Professor went 3 for 4 on Tuesday, with a double, 2 singles and 2 RBI- including the game winning RBI. He's always been a guy who could punch you a single here and there, maybe even an occasional double, but that was just insane last night. That makes his sixth career game with 2 or hits, but his first with three hits.Hendricks has now had 20 plate appearances in 2019 (19 at-bats), posted a .211/.250/.263 slash line, and has taken 1 walk.

His swing timing was impeccable last night, as everything went right back up the middle, including his line-out to Dietrich at second. Oh, and then there was his pitching...

Maybe he can teach Addison Russell how to hit, as Russell now has 11 plate appearances this year (8 at bats) and has managed only one hit (a double) with a pair of walks, while slashing .125/.300/.250.

founder_donation.jpg

Re: Hendricks' Bat

Posted: May 15, 2019 8:34 AM

How soon you forget.

Remember three weeks ago when you were calling for the head of Bryant and Rizzo? I know you are a complete crazy fan but you need to learn some patience. Baseball is not lacrosse where you score at will. 70% of the time players make an out. Chill.

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: May 15, 2019 9:06 AM

I never called for their heads. I merely suggested that they were struggling badly, although I did have serious doubts about Bryant... My bad. (hugs)

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: May 16, 2019 11:40 AM

The professor has pitching figured out so he is moving on to hitting. School is in session

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: May 16, 2019 11:53 AM

That's a fact! Maybe he'll be the next Michael Lorenzen... The Cubs do well with pitchers who can hit- Lester, Hamels, Hendricks, Chatwood, and now apparently Darvish.

founder_donation.jpg

Replies: 4  
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
462 people have read this post