CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe more wins?
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Maybe more wins?

Feb 11, 2018, 10:36 AM

I had to take a break from yesterday posting here because I was so pissed they signed Yu Darvish a deal let alone a six-year deal. He might improve the season record but he will lose the playoffs for us beacuse he cants pitch in the playoffs, this has been proven that he can't.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe more wins?

Feb 11, 2018, 11:18 AM

The Astros batters said he was tipping his pitches during the World Series. That is easily fixed. I wouldn't be so upset that the Cubs got the No. 1 pitcher in free agency and stayed under the luxury tax so they could get another star next season too.

They are now the front-runners in the NL to make it back to the World Series alongside the Dodgers. If they didn't make a move, they were not going to have a chance to get back to the World Series. They have a limited window of 4-6 more years to get a ring again.

Re: Maybe more wins?

Feb 11, 2018, 11:24 AM

There is no draft pick compensation either for Darvish that the Cubs will have to give up since he was traded during midseason.

If Jake Arrieta signs a large contract with another team in the next few weeks, the Cubs will get a second rounder and be able to use $750,000 on the top draft pick for Arrieta leaving town.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic