»
Topic: NO DH for now
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 10, 2019 9:49 AM by: KenAllison18®
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

NO DH for now

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 11:54 AM

Looks like there won't be a DL for both leagues still 2020 according to NBC sports and others. It's bound to happen if not sooner then 2022 just now right now for this season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/national-league-will-not-add-designated-hitter-until-least-2022-according-to-report

Message was edited by: CubsWyatt®

founder_donation.jpg

Re: NO DL for now

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 12:06 PM

2022 would help all the teams to be sure their roster is ready for it even though teams already have their DH guy or two when they play interleague play.

2019 admin level memberfounder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 12:11 PM

I agree, even though most teams if they had to play a DH now, would have a player to fit that role. That being said 2022 gives plenty of time to gear up for the change and make it "even" for both AL and NL

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 12:11 PM

Yep...will be interesting to watch.

ESPN's Buster Olney thinks that Schwarber will be a Cub fo a long time if DH happens since he is so beloved by fans.

https://www.cubshq.com/update/ESPN-projects-Schwarber-as-a-Cub-for-life-with-universal-DH-25909

Re: NO DH for now

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 12:18 PM

I would take Schwarber as Cubs DH

founder_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 12:53 PM

It's time for him to take it another level and make more contact this season as he has proven he can do Schwar-bombs and play decently in the OF.

Need contact and needs more RBIs than 61. Needs to get closer to 80-100 RBIs this year for the Cubs to be rocking and rolling.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 9:49 AM

I'm just glad we will go at least another season without the DH. Then again, I'm not sure it makes a difference... If starting pitchers are only going 4 or 5 innings, you basically have a DH now for half of the game.

founder_donation.jpg

Replies: 6  
[ Main Cubs Boards - General Baseball ]
Start New Topic
317 people have read this post