CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No DH for Schwarber
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 51

No DH for Schwarber

Feb 11, 2019, 6:39 PM

Highlights and main points of the article

Kyle Schwarber’s 2018 defensive improvements were immediately forgotten last week when speculation surfaced about the National League eventually adopting the designated hitter and saddling the Cubs’ left-handed slugger with that role.

“I always take pride in my defense,” Schwarber said Monday after shagging flies in left field and hitting balls to all fields with authority — one week before the Cubs’ first full-squad workout.

“It’s going to set the tone of the way we want to approach our spring training, the way we want to work,” he said. “But it’s a whole new year. We’ve got goals we want to accomplish, and we’ll put our best foot forward.”

“Guys are really pumped to get out here and get going,” Schwarber said. “And once we get out here, it’s going to be fun. … We’re going to prepare ourselves for Game 1 in Texas (on March 28) and be ready to go from there.”

Schwarber made it a priority to reacquaint himself with Anthony Iapoce, the Cubs’ third hitting coach in as many seasons. The two worked together when Schwarber was in the minor leagues.

“They want to get the best out of you,” Schwarber said of Cubs hitting coaches, past and present. “So that’s how it’s going to be, to be the best version of me, and go from there.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-kyle-schwarber-left-field-20190211-story.html

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No DH for Schwarber

Feb 11, 2019, 6:48 PM

I like how you showed some of the quotes from the link so i didn't have to click.

Re: No DH for Schwarber

Feb 11, 2019, 6:50 PM

Yeah I'm going to start doing that more often, makes it easier.

Replies: 2
| visibility 51
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic