CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oh No Zo...
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Oh No Zo...

May 15, 2019, 9:41 AM

https://www.cubshq.com/update/Ben-Zobrists-wife-files-for-divorce-26418

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh No Zo...

May 15, 2019, 11:49 AM

Divorces are never easy. Obviously, I wish the best for Ben and his family, as that's what's most important, but as badly as that can affect a person, I wouldn't expect to see him do very well this season. I also wouldn't rule out retirement.

May 15, 2019, 8:05 PM

I don't see him retiring now. What is he going to do with all his free time sit around and mope? I think keeping busy will be the best thing for him.

Keeping the kids from getting too emotional will be his biggest issue.

May 16, 2019, 3:39 PM

I'll be honest, I've been through two divorces- each from 10-year marriages, each with kids. They both devastated me, but I took my vacation time (first divorce) and did just what you said- MOPE. Once I "recovered" and wanted to function again, I plunged myself into work- I was a medic then, so it was 24 hours shifts then 48 hours off. We were short handed for medics, so for better than a year, I worked 48 on, 24 off (double shifts), then on my "off days" I'd pick up 4, 6, 8, 12 hour shifts to cover people, while keeping myself preoccupied with work and not the divorce. One time I actually did 120 straight hours (five, 24 hour shifts). Easy to forget your troubles when someone isn't breathing and it's up to you to fix it.

The second time, I was driving a semi for Prime, Inc. (so I can relate to Zo when it comes to never being home). I was a certified CDL instructor/trainer then, so I had plenty to do to keep my mind off of stuff. Problem was, I'd drive my shifts of 11 hours straight while my trainee slept. You can do a WHOLE LOT of thinking when you drive that long, and believe me, it'll play tricks on your mind.

Message was edited by: KenAllison18®

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic