CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
REPORT: World Baseball Classic canceled in 2021
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 51

May 11, 2020, 2:26 PM

The World Baseball Classic will not be played in 2021 according to multiple reports including ESPN. The 2021 WBC was to be played in the United States, Japan, a Read Update »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: REPORT: World Baseball Classic canceled in 2021

May 27, 2020, 3:48 PM

While I completely understand that a scission to cancel the world baseball classic actually no I don't understand the decision to cancel the world baseball classic as I think it was way premature considering how this is not even happening until next Spring. The real baseball classic is one of the greatest things to ever happen to professional baseball because you get so many fans from around the world tuning in to watch the same style of baseball playing for something more meaningful than just your own team. You're playing for your country your playing for the nation that you have been a part of for so long in your trying to bring something to that country that they may not have not a World Series championship but a world championship and up until the most recent Olympics that have now been postponed baseball was not a part of the Olympic Games so this is basically their version of a gold medal. I don't understand why it was canceled I think they should have gotten through the summer and gotten into the Winter next Winter before making that the scission you could have made that the Susan by October or November instead of now.

The reason why I disagree with it go on YouTube and type in 2017 world baseball classic highlights. If you watch games that took place in Korea or took place in the Tokyo dome in Japan I would say roughly 50% of the people in attendance at those games where wearing a mask for years ago when those games are going on. Either those people are just not comfortable in public and wanted to wear a mask or some sort of virus was going around at that time and people never overreact at abode of because it wasn't out of the norm. I understand that travel is the primary concern of the world baseball classic but why can't we still have the world baseball classic go on but geographically align the pool's a little better.

If you look at the pool play from The last world Baseball classic. Pool a was in Korea and that consisted of Korea the Chinese Taipei Netherlands and Israel. Pool B took place in Japan and consisted of Japan Australia China in Cuba. Pool C took place in Miami Florida and consisted of the United States Canada Columbia and the Dominican Republic. Pool D took place in Puerto Rico And consisted of Puerto Rico Mexico Venezuela and Italy. Well most of those teams fit very well geographically if travel is ultimately the concern why not geographically align the pool's a little differently to condense on the travel to keep things safe.

If you did that you could have pool a be as follows. Japan Korea Australia and the Chinese Taipei all those countries are in the same region they could be in pool a. Pool B could be the Netherlands Italy Israel And China.

Pool C could be Canada Mexico the United States and Puerto Rico.

Pool D could be the Dominican Republic Venezuela Colombia And Cuba. Outside of maybe Australia in China in terms of travel all these teams of the geographic leave lined up and would be in perfect position for travel

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 51
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic