CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Starting Pitching
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Starting Pitching

Feb 26, 2019, 12:55 PM

www.cubshq.com/story/2019-season-projections-Cubs-starting-pitchers-15031

Oh young Dustin Riese, if that's your real name, I love the enthusiasm that not being beaten down for many years still brings.

If Yu Darvish wins 18 games I will publicly praise Ken Allison. I'll make it even easier for you, if Darvish and Hamels combine to win 30 games I'll do it.

Hendricks will be the staff ace, if Maddon let's him pitch. Quintana will have his best year with 17 wins and a sub 3.50 ERA. Lester will be good enough and Montgomery will only fill in a few times.

Thanks for being a part of the best Cubs site in America and I look forward to more stuff from you this summer.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Starting Pitching

Feb 26, 2019, 1:34 PM

It was a fun read...anytime you have predictions, they are interesting. He is also going to do some more projections later in the week.

Feb 27, 2019, 12:41 PM

I have to say, I'm with Dan- his numbers are off. Not to the extreme that Dan thinks, but they are off.

Feb 27, 2019, 2:43 PM

I am not going to lie, it always worries me when you agree with me.

Feb 28, 2019, 11:15 AM

chi2pd® said:

www.cubshq.com/story/2019-season-projections-Cubs-starting-pitchers-15031

Oh young Dustin Riese, if that's your real name, I love the enthusiasm that not being beaten down for many years still brings.

If Yu Darvish wins 18 games I will publicly praise Ken Allison. I'll make it even easier for you, if Darvish and Hamels combine to win 30 games I'll do it.

Hendricks will be the staff ace, if Maddon let's him pitch. Quintana will have his best year with 17 wins and a sub 3.50 ERA. Lester will be good enough and Montgomery will only fill in a few times.

Thanks for being a part of the best Cubs site in America and I look forward to more stuff from you this summer.

Thank you for having me be a part of this site and I am excited for the season.

Feb 28, 2019, 11:17 AM

Yes Dustin riese is my name. Thank you for letting me be a part of this site and write about the Cubs. How can you not have passion and enthusiasm for this. Cant wait for the summer and season and thanks for reading my stuff.

Feb 28, 2019, 11:46 AM

Glad to have you aboard

Feb 28, 2019, 12:48 PM

Thank you. It's great to be aboard

Mar 1, 2019, 10:25 AM

Welcome aboard, Dustin. Pay no attention to Dan (Chi2pd)- he was born angry. If you're gonna stick around, here's some tips:

1) We always try to share and promote each others articles (Twitter, FB, etc.). The more hits we get, the better off the site is.

2) No matter what you write, 50% will agree, 50% will tell think you're insane.

3) Rebuttals: It is inevitable that eventually Dan and/or I will disagree with you, and vice versa. Don't be afraid to write an article in rebuttal, we won't take it personally, and some of the readers seem to love when we spar with each other. Dan and I spent most of last seeason disagreeing with each other via our commentaries.

4) If you pay attention to our social media sites (ESPECIALLY FB), be prepared to take a bashing from certain readers- they too, were born angry. You could write that Javy batted 1.000 for the week with 10 homers and 40 RBI's and someone will still moan and groan while calling you an idiot. (I've just learned to embrace it)

5) Have fun, and thanks for taking some of the pressure of us! This winter has been a grind- not much happening, but we always manage to give the site some content.

- Ken

Mar 1, 2019, 10:56 AM

Here are some more.
6. Do not disagree with Ken, he is the star of our site and people will hate you for daring to point out when he is crazy.

7. If you disagree with anything I write two things will happen. First you and Ken will become besties, and two I will find out where you live and we will "Chat".

8. Do not write anything bad about Baez or the blue uniforms. Trust me on this.

9.If Ken needs anything it is your responsibility to make sure he gets it pronto.

Relax, enjoy yourself, and keep writing. Remember they more you contribute the less of me and Ken the fans get and that is win, win, for everyone.

P.S. - I was not born angry. I'm only usually angry at select people and they deserve it.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Mar 1, 2019, 11:51 AM

Sounds good and thank you for the advice. I never take anything to heart because I know when writing about sports not everyone is going to agree with you. I just finished my season projection story on the relievers which was posted on Facebook yesterday and I also handed in a season projection on the hitters as well which is going to be broken down into 2 parts. Next week expect to see a division projection on how I see the division following the season as well as a story on potential leadoff candidates for the cubs considering how a lot of people throw fits about the cubs and not having a certified lead off hitter.

Mar 1, 2019, 12:17 PM

You're welcome. Also, Maddon has already said there will be no set leadoff man.

Mar 1, 2019, 1:50 PM

Oh I know that which is why I will write something about leadoff options. The lead off man will continue to be a pain in fans buts all the time.

Mar 2, 2019, 8:47 PM

Cubs did pretty good last with juggling the leadoff spot. Still, it's nice to have some regularity.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic