CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tick tock theo
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Tick tock theo

Jan 5, 2019, 2:43 PM

Where are the moves?

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tick tock theo

Jan 5, 2019, 5:10 PM

I wish I had an answer to that question. Theo was on 670 The Score today and also gave the Tribune an interview. He made some statements that could be taken as encouraging, although they were vague.

Theo Epstein: In an interview with Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune, Theo talked a little of the Cubs’ slow off-season. “There are times to be aggressive and times to be patient, and there are times when you can be aggressive and times where you have to be patient,” Epstein said. “Every offseason is unique. We’re working hard, and there are a lot of things we’re trying to do behind to the scenes to make sure we have a successful season next year. I know thus far we haven’t added the big names that get the fans excited. I understand that’s part of the expectations in the offseason.”
This morning, on 670 The Score, Epstein also said that the Cubs did not fear going over the luxury tax threshold if “makes economic and player addition sense.” When if fans should or shouldn’t continue to dream about a big-name free agent signing by the Cubs, Epstein replied, “I’m not going to tell the fans how to consume their off-season.

Lots of very vague replies today, I’m afraid.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic