CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Upcoming Trades
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Upcoming Trades

Jun 28, 2018, 1:33 PM

With the trade deadline just a month away, I'm curious to know who people think the Cubs should trade and why. Please don't tell me that the Cubs should trade (whomever) just because you think "they suck," as of late, that would mean we'd be trading off 3/4 of the starting rotation and about 90% of the bullpen...although that may not be a bad idea... Interested in hearing your input.

My top 5 choices (in order) would be: (1) Chatwood- hasn't had a good start all year, and lacks any sense of control, (2) Justin Wilson- continually poor performances, (3)Chris Gimenez- although he provides leadership, his batting is terrible (.115 now), and he's not very quick on his throws to first or second base with runners leading off or stealing, (4) Addison Russell- very sporadic offense, though he seems to be improving lately, contract is up after this year. Manny Machado was a very viable option, but now with Corey Seager out for the year, it appears the Dodgers may be vying for him. (5) - and this was a very tough one...but Victor Caratini. he catches well and bats extremely well, but Maddon sent him back down because Caratini needed to be playing every day. While I'd hate to lose a catcher of his caliber, especially if Gimenez gets traded, I'd like to think that Caratini would make good trade bait.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Upcoming Trades

Jun 29, 2018, 3:15 PM

I agree that Caratini is one of the Cubs best trade pieces. Other guys that would get something decent is Ian Happ and Addy Russell.

What do the Cubs need? They need a veteran starter it appears with Darvish injury looking more and more serious by the day.

Jun 29, 2018, 4:52 PM

The Darvish thing is a mess. I had just started to soften my position on him after seeing his rehab start in South Bend. Only speculation so far as to which starters may be available. I think Montgomery should stay in the starting role, but then what do we do about Chatwood? Ultimately I think the Cubs need another starter, as I don't think it's long before both Chatwood and Darvish are out altogether. If that is the case, I wouldn't mind seeing them give Underwood a full time slot along with Monty, then integrate some new starters into their minor league franchises. I also think they need to look for some solid relievers, with the never ending injuries in the pen, although we seem to have solid relief in minor leaguers Hancock and Maples.

Jun 29, 2018, 7:18 PM

Unfortunately to get something of quality like a front line starter you are going to have to give us something. I would look at Happ or Russell for a someone to help out the starting staff

Jun 30, 2018, 1:24 AM

I've seen a couple people suggest Happ. If you were going to trade a utility man though, wouldn't Zo be better choice? Happ is only 23, Zobrist is 37 (which may lessen his trade value though...) Make no mistake, I'd hate to lose either one of them.

Jun 30, 2018, 6:50 AM

not sure Zobrist has much trade value for a team that wants to get young prospect types. He can't even play 3 days straight. lol

I'm a big Zobrist fan and they need his leadership and hitting in the postseason.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic