CubsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Epstein on chances of signing closer Craig Kimbrel
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

May 22, 2019, 4:31 PM

The Chicago Cubs bullpen has been up and down throughout the 2019 season. At times, they are shutdown performers, and at other times they have been a liability Read Update »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Epstein on chances of signing closer Craig Kimbrel

May 23, 2019, 3:25 PM

Either go after Kimbrel or Giles, just get something done soon. Closer by committee will only work for a while, it's not a long-term fix. Edwards still can't be trusted in a high leverage situation, no one knows when or if Morrow will return, Strop not reliable on a day to day basis. Getting a bona-fide closer will make the bullpen much much better and one to be reconded with the rest of the season.

Our starters are doing their best, but Darvish and Hamels need to be more efficient with their pitches to at least pitch 6 innings. This 80,90 pitches in 4 or 5 innings needs to improve and lessen the stress put in on the bullpen.

I've been critical of Schwarber all year, but since being moved to the lead-off spot he has held his own, and I give credit where credit is due. He's patient and isn't afraid of taking a walk despite his power. I just hope he will maintain that mentality, and the hits will come.

We have to a very intimidating lineup to the opposing pitcher especially if Almora can continue with his offensive onslaught, they are no easy outs in our lineup. If you pitch around one the next batter can do damage and so on.

This team is reminding me more and more of the 2016 team. Only now they have more experience and find ways to win. There's no quit with this team and the chemistry is there as a team. Go Cubs!

Re: Epstein on chances of signing closer Craig Kimbrel

May 24, 2019, 12:06 AM

I think the Cubs would be foolish to move Schwarbs from the leadoff spot. As far as a closer, I'd agree with your comments, but I think Giles would come cheaper.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
General Boards - ChiSportsHQ News Discussion
add New Topic